Stock Exchange Progress - Making Credits in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 08:41

..and a few hours later, I've earned the Filthy Rich achievement :)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48775 ... CF64A904D/

Not as happy about that, as the first 25 million. :(

edit:

The Money Graph:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48775 ... 263416FF3/

8)

edit2:

For reference, up to 13.5 hours I was just killing stuff and collecting wares.
From 13.5 to 22, I was playing the stock exchange on the Natural Commodities list in Grand Exchange. After that-from 30.2 to 38 hours-I was playing the Companies list on the stock exchange while sitting in Kingdoms End.

Can't look at the numbers anymore. Tired and ready to call it good on the exchange. Time to build some stations and set up UTs I think :)

Oh yeah, forgot. That plateau there between 22 and 30.2 was me flying around exploring while thinking about my next move.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:12

I found the Seizewell stock exchange to be really good for making money on Naturals.

There were 4 stocks that seemed to jump from 100 down to 30 or 40 every 5 minutes or so and I tended to make around 1m to 1.5m on each transaction.

For some reason though I haven't seen the exchange move in a while. I guess the sector's economy has slowed or become more balanced......

At least my complexes are starting to make me money now though so I don't really use it too much any more!

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:49

Seizewell, Family Pride, Paranid Prime and Contorted Dominion are all excellent for trading Naturals.
Mars can be even better but identifying the trades takes practice.
I suspect Argon Prime and Nyana's Hideout should also be good but can't confirm it.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 22:49

PTNI Headquarters was the most volitile exchange for me, so I made most of my early money there. Once my second self contained plex was completed, I stopped using the stock exchange as it was only making up to 1M each transaction and wasn't worth it anymore.

tarax007
x4

Post by tarax007 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 23:25

in "just" 3-5 hours (with seta) I made around 800 mil in the stock market, no fuzz.

So when buying, I bought as much stuff I could above 93 buying index. And once happy, what I did then was to place my ship far out in omicron lyree and with the stock market window have SETA on for about 40 minutes ( watched Fringe episodes) and ship on defend position mode just in case. This kept the war messages from coming up (and note I have finished the AP plot).

When i come back to the game at least 2-5 (out of i.e. 8 investments) had dropped down to buying index 0-30, with other words a very good time to sell (making - once you can buy all the stocks from on company) i made from 9 - 27 mil credits, Per company.

And now I always try to have above 150 mil invested at all times, since I am now more active - creating complexes, it is a bit more "slow". right now i have 230 mil invested and all above index 85 (and bought 93+).

From time to time i check in to see if something is worth selling :)
Keeping me on a steady amount of 600 mil (even with me buying stations :) )

I hope my "no war messages" thing helps you ;)
I dedicate in order to question,
universalizing fearlessness,
I seal the output of intelligence,
with the crystal tone of cooperation,
I am guided by the power of elegance.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 08:13

Tried to post this the other day.
I actually only did the first part of the plot. Just enough to make sure it doesn't disappear on me, but not enough to get to Aid the War Effort.

If you run the First mission in Treasure Hunt, and take the Commanders advice to push back the Terrans, it doesn't require you to continue the plot until you land at the station in M148, and the messages don't pop up.

No Centaur, but I hate the thing anyway. I actually wanted to make enough credits to buy an M7 before continuing the plot. Looks like I've done that. :D

Most of my stock exchanges are what you would call stable. Virtually no movement whatsoever, and what does exist is high risk investments that could take forever to pay out and eat up capital.

I made all my investments-except the Corporation purchases as those are just collectors :) -on minimum buys and selling fast when they jumped. I did regret missing some very lucrative investments that pushed up into the high value range from a little less than average while I was doing my thing. They never really dropped though, so it would have been a one time, long-term investment strategy that might not have payed off.

My Companies exchange is stable now too, with only 2 stocks ever dropping near minimum now. Still have yet to return to Grand Exchange and see if that one has become unstable again, but I suspect the markets are all pretty committed in terms of investment strategies now.

Time to make my Credits the old fashioned way 8)

hmm... didn't work out so well. Ended up having to go back to the stock exchange after spending a fortune on ships and stations. :o

It's a lot more expensive than I figured it would be.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48775 ... 4263FA69E/

Raize

Post by Raize » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 12:28

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48887 ... 96BC0C527/

It's good for funding my overspending habits.
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders,
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 15:49

Hey, Egosoft? What was that about fixing the stock exchange again? :lol:

That said, I never get so lucky with stock price variation - most of my companies just have a 10-20 index range (one that reaches 100 only ever seems to go as low as 85 or so, for example). The corporations do fluctuate massively, though.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 22:49

Raize wrote:http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48887 ... 96BC0C527/

It's good for funding my overspending habits.

:lol: nice

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 01:50

Any advice to play in stocks? I folowed the guide in the main X-universe post, and only purchase when numbers are green and close to 100 as possible, and I only loose money, and big amounts :shock:

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 02:27

N4N wrote:Any advice to play in stocks? I folowed the guide in the main X-universe post, and only purchase when numbers are green and close to 100 as possible, and I only loose money, and big amounts :shock:
Well, you should start off by checking what the index is set to.
By default, "100" is "Time to buy", when the stocks are at their lowest price, and "0" is "Time to sell", when stocks are at their highest price. Downward arrows in this setting mean that the value of the stocks are going up.

There's an option at the top to flip the Index, where "100" is when the stocks are at their most expensive, and "0" is when the stocks are cheap.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 06:17

any advice on how to lose money? Thats what I want to do once my income exceeds 100million credits per hour. I want to buy bad stocks and loose my fortune, and take everyone elses with me. Just like the Wall Street greed-pigs in real life do :x
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Vili
x4

Post by Vili » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 10:21

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 12:17

ThommoHawk wrote:Just like the Wall Street greed-pigs in real life do :x
We'd still be stick and stones as a species if it wasn't for greed.
Where is it?

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 23:11

:!: Finally figured out (read: stumbled into the answer) what the Companies are listed in the Stock Exchange!
We were guessing that they were linked to the NPC ships trundling about the place...
No; They're the Merchants trading on the Barter screen at stations.
As such the ones at the bottom of the table (Index 90+) are a bunch of Goner and Yaki companies in dead end sectors where nobody goes...
The ones with Index in the yellow are in core sectors with loads of trade...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 20:25

N4N wrote:Any advice to play in stocks? I folowed the guide in the main X-universe post, and only purchase when numbers are green and close to 100 as possible, and I only loose money, and big amounts :shock:
Don't trust the arrows as mentioned in another post. Just watch the numbers themselves. Buy at 97-100 and no lower unless you want to take risk. Even below 100 is a risk, but you should eventually profit from it.

It takes patience and just waiting for that price to hit minimum. Buy when it does then SETA for a bit or wait and it will eventually go up. When it does and you are satisfied with you profit sell it and buy something else at minimum. Keep doing this until you have a good pile of credits, then start buying many at minimum and selling them when they go up.

Keep in mind, they usually don't fluctuate much over short periods. At best, you only make marginal profits unless you plan on waiting awhile and going and running some mission.

You might open up that page again to find you've doubled or tripled your initial investment in one or two, gained marginally in a few more, and still sit in the red on the rest. ..or, they may all be red.

@Ripskar: Interesting.. I have my doubts but I also had a basic look at the scripts, (very basic), and realized they probably have very little to do with actual game activity. Not sure though. Maybe I'll have a go back over them later sometime.

Oddly though, just looking at them feels like cheating; I'd feel much more so studying them I imagine. :)
:headbang: Microsoft

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 20:33

Ever since I established myself, I only trade at the big stock exchanges (PTNI, Seizewell, Paranid Prime, Cardinal's Domain, Family Pride). Argons always have everything, Borons never have anything, and smaller stock exchanges from tiny sector groups are simply pointless due to lower share numbers and less fluctuation.
Where is it?

veris
xr

Post by veris » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 20:48

I've constructed a complex of 13 teladianium factories in Paranid Prime.
I've got trading station network to propagate teladianium but:
1. i set the price of teladianium high so it doesn't sell
2. i switch factories on, wait as it floods the market - in terms of existing in my cargo space - nothing is sold - supply goes high even if i don't sell anything
3. the price of teladianium on stock goes terribly low (50 cr), supply is much greater than demand, but the quantity of shares goes terribly high!
4. when my factories are full - i buy all the shares!
5. i switch off the factories, set the price of teladianium to 170-180 cr so it starts to sell and go through the station network
6. when everything is sold i've got supply=0 of teladianium in paranid prime so the price of shares goes high to 250 cr - then i sell shares making around 150.000.000 credits - every time.
Damn easy money!
It can be done with every ware.
Imagine very big trading station network, and 200 factories of 1 high priced good selling ware. On/Off and i think we could earn 5.000.000.000 cr in one turn.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 21:15

xTemon wrote:@Ripskar: Interesting.. I have my doubts but I also had a basic look at the scripts, (very basic), and realized they probably have very little to do with actual game activity. Not sure though. Maybe I'll have a go back over them later sometime.
I figure it's related to general traffic in the relevant sectors, (ie, ships docking over time) similar to the Naturals market.
However the names are identical which is a nice touch.

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”