[TC] Repair Lasers - Can they be FOUND?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheCoolSideofthePillow

[TC] Repair Lasers - Can they be FOUND?

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 06:50

I know they can't be purchased, but other things that can't be purchased I recently found can be found on captured ships (found a Pirate ship with Software Signature Scrambler and Advanced Firewall Software) so I was wondering if they can be found like that. I'd like to have a team of fast ships able to equip the repair lasers to be like an engineering crew so repairs aren't as expensive.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:00

No. Not unless you modify your game.

In vanilla, the only repair laser you'll see is the one on your spacesuit.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:01

Terran Conflict doesn't even have that. :evil:

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:02

not in vanilla but in modified...
[ external image ]
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:04

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:Terran Conflict doesn't even have that. :evil:
A Repair Laser in your space suit? Yes it does. Eject and start firing and you'll see.

SSS can be purchased at Duke's Haven, so yes it can be bought.
Advanced Firewall Software, Hull Polarizing Device, and Internal Sentry Lasers are useless on player-owned ships (since the AI don't conduct boarding ops) so it'd be pointless to be able to buy them
Last edited by jkjklkl on Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:06

Er... Unless it was added in a recent patch, TC does not have the repair laser in the space suit. That was one of the first things that irritated me when migrating over from Reunion.

And the Advanced Firewall Software... Doesn't that make it so when you're scanned, your illegal goods/software are not detected?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:08

You are very VERY mistaken.

The Advanced Firewall Software doesn't do anything on your ship. The Software Signature Scramber on the other hand, does. It hides the System Override Software from scans.
Last edited by Allan F on Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:09

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:Er... Unless it was added in a recent patch, TC does not have the repair laser in the space suit. That was one of the first things that irritated me when migrating over from Reunion.
I've only been playing about a month, but myself and many others here can confirm that your space suit does indeed have a repair laser
TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote: And the Advanced Firewall Software... Doesn't that make it so when you're scanned, your illegal goods/software are not detected?
You're thinking of Cargo Bay Shielding.
Advanced Firewall Software makes it harder for your marines to hack into the central computer of the ship they're boarding

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 07:11

jkjklkl wrote: You're thinking of Cargo Bay Shielding.
Advanced Firewall Software makes it harder for your marines to hack into the central computer of the ship they're boarding
Oh damn. Better get the Space Fuel/Weed off that hauler while he's in Argon space >.>

Edit: And yeah... WTF with the space suit repair laser. I know the last time I had the game installed (maybe 6 months or so ago) and when I first got it, one of the first things I noticed different from Reunion that the space suit didn't have the repair laser. I just loaded my game to test it and it's there now...

I'd still like my fleet of repair ships though so... Cheat Plugin here I come :lol:

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 08:02

I've always wondered but never bothered to test this myself:

If you eject, order your ship to dock and then dock in your spacesuit (can be done, i've tested), would it be possible to freight exchange with your ship to transfer over your repair laser? You can't eject it normally because the freight screen doesn't exist, but you should still be able to transfer it over because the spacesuit counts as a landed ship.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 08:08

Not even sure your space suit has a freight menu.... checking now.... just in case :)

Edit: ok no it doesn't work...too bad lol.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 09:14

Hemmingfish wrote:I've always wondered but never bothered to test this myself:

If you eject, order your ship to dock and then dock in your spacesuit (can be done, i've tested), would it be possible to freight exchange with your ship to transfer over your repair laser? You can't eject it normally because the freight screen doesn't exist, but you should still be able to transfer it over because the spacesuit counts as a landed ship.
There was a nice exploit allowing you to get a RL in TC, available up until 3.1.1 I think. You would need your own EQ dock though to get one, not something you can get early in the game when RL actually matters.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:02

Edit: And yeah... WTF with the space suit repair laser. I know the last time I had the game installed (maybe 6 months or so ago) and when I first got it, one of the first things I noticed different from Reunion that the space suit didn't have the repair laser. I just loaded my game to test it and it's there now...
Think you got that the wrong way round...

Reunion does not have a repair laser in space suit,unless modified.

TC has had a repair laser in space suit from day 1 of release.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 12:10

Ensure that you have group 1 selected while in your space suit.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 13:46

They can be found as a random drop from destroyed space suits.
Spoiler
Show

No they can't.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”