[AP] My Race & Fight Rank Keep Decreasing!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrHarvey12
x3tc

[AP] My Race & Fight Rank Keep Decreasing!!

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:36

Hi Guys,

Having built up a smallish economy I decided to go to Jupiter where the Argon Commander alerts seem to stop and SETA for an hour or two whilst I was online in the other room.

Just came back and, luckily, the game is still running and I've only lost a couple of advanced satellites to pirates.

However, my fight rank and trade rank have decreased quite a bit. My fight rank has gone down a level or two and my trade rank has gone down a fair few percent.

I guess I can understand the fight rank decreasing but I'm not too sure why my trade rank would. If anything I would have expected my trade rank to go up!!!

Is it just because I'm not doing missions and the game detects you're not doing anything and slowly sends your rank down???

[Edit: Running Vanilla (un-modified) with bonus pack].

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:52

It's a feature. Ranks decrease when you don't touch the keyboard in-game.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 11:19

wRAR wrote:It's a feature. Ranks decrease when you don't touch the keyboard in-game.
Thanks wRAR.

I thought it must be something like that but nice to get confirmation.

I guess I can make the fight rep back up easily enough by just camping in Grand Central and killing Xenon as they come through the North Gate!!! ;)

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 11:23

Next time please read the FAQ.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 11:30

wait, so fight rank does not decreasing if we don't do any combat, only decreasing when we don't touch our input devices? that's quite retarded IMO :lol:

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 11:47

wRAR wrote:Next time please read the FAQ.
Oops - I remember reading it all the way through before I started but totally forgot it covered this topic.

Oh well, I'll be sure to reacquaint myself with it again.

Probably about time I had another brush up on some things anyway!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 14:35

@ nap-rz: It is designed that way for two reasons I think:

1. To discourage reliance on extended unattended SETA as a game strategy (games are meant to be played).

2. To give players at least one method of reducing fight rank (and hence the scale of their likely opponents) to suit their preferred gameplay.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”