Can't use "RENAME" function

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

olddog52
x3tc

Can't use "RENAME" function

Post by olddog52 » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 16:13

OK my problem is a small one and could be classified as "stupid" but her goes:

How does a player "RENAME" a ship, station or self?
I have found the "RENAME" function and I place a new name in the box but how do I save that new name? i think I have hit every key and nothing saves the new name. I am becoming frustrated.

Thanks from an OLDDOG

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 16:37

Be careful you are not choosing the 'change name' function that renames the Pilot (ie your Player name)!

To rename a ship, select the ship from the sector map, station docked list, Property menu, etc by left clicking on it to give a drop down menu. Select Advanced and then rename (or press 'm' in that menu). Type the name you want in the lower text box and then press keyboard Enter (not the one from numberpad). That should do it.

BTW, don't use any square brackets [] in the names or you will get blank messages from those ships.

Moving to Universe forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jamumools

Post by Jamumools » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 18:10

I find that quite often the "Enter" button stops working. Usually when I've left the computer on for a while with the game on pause. The only thing to sort it is to restart the machine...

To answer your actual question, you have to hit "Enter"...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”