[TC] How would I go about outfitting a ship for OOS combat?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aeshi
x3tc

[TC] How would I go about outfitting a ship for OOS combat?

Post by Aeshi » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 17:02

I've got a ship or two that I want to have patrolling a sector I rarely visit and was wondering what would make for the best OOS loadout.

I've heard that Energy Drain and dodging/accuracy don't apply and that I should just mount the biggest guns possible on said ships.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 17:15

go down the list and equip the first weapon that you see that is compatible with the ship you are using.

also, always use the most heavily shielded craft you can get, and do not bother with anything below 200 MJ shielding. a fighter cloud around your capitals is also a good idea (and sometimes a necessity) so the capital doesnt waste turns killing ships that are less of a threat.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

MarineMarauder

Post by MarineMarauder » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 18:01

Generally Terran and Teladi ships are well shielded when it comes to capitals for fighters Teladi Falcon Hauler is an ordinary M3 with 200mj shielding and it is extremely cost effective.(only a single M3 + ties with it when it comes to shielding)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 18:20

Or if you can get them - Falcon Sentinel with 2x200 Mj shields.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 20:32

Biggest guns.
Best shields.

OOS combat has some other rules to it, but this is a care free solution.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 20:52

Don't mix ammo and energy weapons together for OOS combat. Energy isn't factored so even the TLS m6 could fire a full battery of IBL all day long.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 21:24

Missiles also constitute a full turn, so unless you are loading it up with firestorms, don't give it missiles.
I fly Terran for the accents

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”