Number of laser towers...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lt_wentoncha
x4

Number of laser towers...

Post by lt_wentoncha » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 01:13

Howdy all,

What is the approx number of LTs I need parked outside Omicron Lyrae's gates to prevent losses? Right now, even with 80 I progressively lose 3-4 on each iteration of the Terran wave of attacks. After about a game day I'm down to about 30-40 LTs. I even have 4 Boreases set in Wing Def Position on a LT...still loose towers.

Is there a magic number or something? Say, 125?

Thanks.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 01:35

Is this OOS or IS? I presume you will always be loosing towers if they are bringing M7Ms.
I fly Terran for the accents

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 02:16

Sorry, OOS

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 07:00

I parked like 200 LT's in Terran Unknown Sector 1 and Zyarth's Dominion to discourage Xenon to enter space (I have a Terran weaponplex in Unknown 1 and I just felt like blockading ZD). I loose 1-2 each invasion. And the Xenon try to invade (M2 / M1 or some M7) every 10 minutes or something....

Luckily I have a LT complex too, and I produce faster than they can destroy. So I just have a TS collect a full cargobay and dump some extra LT once the wall runs thin.

Best served with an M2 or two to support LT fire, as the LT appear less effective OOS. It's not cost effective, but the fireworks IS are nice. Makes more sense to drop 150+ or so during certain missions where you're bound to be IS.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 11:42

lt_wentoncha wrote:Sorry, OOS
I play TC, so I could be a little out, but:

The ship with the highest speed fires first in OOS combat, thus, whatever comes in is going to take out a laser tower. Since all your laser towers will probably fire at that one ship in the first round, the second enemy ship will have a chance to take one out too.

Looks like you can't avoid it with LTs.

You could always try 100x jaguars :D Just be careful about going IS...
I fly Terran for the accents

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 12:01

I've never been fond of LTs for system defence, it takes so many to make it work that if you enter the system it really slows the computer down (ok nice fireworks but that's different). I've always prefered to get into the "hot seat" myself and go hit whatever's threatened my assets.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”