[X3AP]Question for OOS sector defence against Terren @ war zones and other questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

[X3AP]Question for OOS sector defence against Terren @ war zones and other questions

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 18:55

Before anything SCRIPTS/MODS/Assets in use are

MARS
Automated Satellite Network
Player ship = Griffon Sent
3 (from 5 damn Terran) Notus haulers deploying 8 sats in sectors (so far ALL sectors I have been to)
1UT Mistral
Elephant collecting nividum roids (for stock exchange until I set up a decent complex money maker)
1 Save file with the above + 330+-Mil
OR weed/booze plex in a pirate sector with the above ships..

Plot current mission retrieve chips part (not started this yet) tho i have capped an L for later...

What I would like to do/ would like to know :-

In the war sectors, non Terran/ATF sectors what would make good sector defenses for these sectors so far I'm only seeing M6s and M3' M4's, carriers or bigger just jump out as soon as I reenter (I don't know if they stay if I don't enter the sector namely Omnicron).

Also would I be seeing bigger and more ships due to fight level?

Would I place a constant force ? or use SEWN to jump ships in?

(sick of them blowing up my satellite layers and satellites ALSO sick of them jumping in AS SOOOOOOOOON as I leave the sector and NOTHING AT ALLLLLL comes in while I'm there -.-) <--end of rant

So ship types+weapon configs are welcome

Next would be in what order ?
I would love to have a booze weed complex with hopes that I'd make about 5mil or more an hr something like 10/booze L 10/weed L but that would need like 3*64 silicone mines + a 16 yield Large silicone stations

I would love to be able to equip my ships without having to waste 5hrs jumping to stations to find 0 of said weapon/shield SO should I make my own personal weapons/shield complex linked to my own Equ dock?

If so:-
Where?
how many of xyz station?
(station complex calculator links welcome and if you have pics post :D :D love to see peoples complex's using the new AI builders)

I'm on good terms with all races so far (donno about Yaki aint killed any YET :twisted: )

Would like to go to war with paranid .. damn 3eyed freaks .. they smell too. So if any paranid ships are required I will need to grab an M7M for boarding paaaaaaaartaaaay .... Tho I do have my hands full with Terrans Jumping in war sectors as soon as I leave :evil: .

I do love automation, not much love for micromanaging unless its to set up something complex that would lead to automation LOL!

So um yeah I think thats all there is for now .. feel free to boast about your complex's and fleets PICS are welcome and any addition tips or ideas are very welcome and if there is a script or must have mod feel free to post :)

thanks and sorry if this post is too long and boring

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 20:09

In the war sectors, non Terran/ATF sectors what would make good sector defenses for these sectors so far I'm only seeing M6s and M3' M4's, carriers or bigger just jump out as soon as I reenter (I don't know if they stay if I don't enter the sector namely Omnicron).
they respond with equal force thats in the sector. so if you place an m2 in there they will respond with an m2.
Also would I be seeing bigger and more ships due to fight level?
no.
Would I place a constant force ? or use SEWN to jump ships in?
dont bother, they really cant be stopped.
Where?
since avarice is now teladi, only weed is allowed (spacefuel will be destroyed eventually).

spacefuel can be put in the unknown sector behind legends home.

online complex calculator

i dont see a difference between AP and TC for factories, so its just as good.
how many of xyz station?
the upper ceiling for weed / booze is pretty high, so you can prolly put 40 / 50 in there and still always be out.
but that would need like 3*64 silicone mines + a 16 yield Large silicone stations
barren shores has 37 silicon asteroids for a total of 660.(and technically 39 mines, as theres 2 NPC ones in the sector as well)
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 01:49

Catra! thank you very much for the answers !

Terran/ATF unstoppable you say :/ sucks man :/...

Unknown sector @ Legends home ... yeah booze plex there nb idea.. I was thinking of Sector: Hatikvah's Faith weed/booz but it would be a small one due to the little Sili roids

:/ well that kinda dulled my game down with the news of the terran/ATF being unstoppable , would you be implying that no matter what I would have defending the sector (OOS) would just be blown to space dust ? I mean I know they wont ever stop coming...(if I'm OOS as they never come while I'm IS)

meh Ill make up some fleet and go for rampage in there sectors (or just an M8 + missile complex lol )

hope next patch adds a ton AP "seems" a little lack luster kinda like a small mod :s

Anyway .. If anyone else bothers to read this post feel free to show off your complex's for profitsssssssss or personal use :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”