[X3AP] Best Earth Fleet M3?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Which is he best Earth Fleet M3 ship to buy?

Scimitar
5%
Cutlass
5%
Thor
11%
Fernir
79%

Total votes: 19

Aidyer
x3tc

[X3AP] Best Earth Fleet M3?

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 23:45

I've chosen to play on the Terran side, but I find it easier to fight in an M3 class ship rather than the M6 that you start with. Which one would be the best all-rounder to buy? (Don't care about the price or value for money, I just want the best choice).

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 23:56

The Fenrir mounts more guns, moves pretty quickly and has the best shielding of the 4.

You might also look at the ATF Vidar. It's an M6, sure, but it's so maneuverable it flies quite similarly to an M3, and 10 M/AMLs will make a mess of anything.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 00:37

How did you manage to miss both #decas and spitfire?

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 11:36

Couldn't see them in the Shipyard. By the way, is it worth getting a Springblossom? They move faster than half the M5's yet it's an M6, but the weapons are weird and I wouldn't know wher to buy them and how to equip them.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 11:38

they are in aldrin and spitfire is the best personal m3 in game

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 13:25

Springblossoms are ridiculously powerful at taking out M5's to M3+'s.

Just load them up with 8 PM/AML's in the front and PSSC's everywhere alse. Fly towards a group of 3 or 4 M5's and M4's and they'll pretty much all be dead in one pass.

The PSSC's are the ones for taking out smaller ships and the PM/AML's are what you'll use on anything from M6 to M7 class.

[Edit: The only real issue is the almost total lack of dog-fighting skill required for the smaller ships!!].

They call all be found in the same place as where you buy the Springblossom from although you might have to search for them a bit ;)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sat, 18. Feb 12, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 13:25

It all depends on what you want in an M3 (as usual)...
If you're into blistering speed it's the Spit.
If you want unmatched firepower it's the #deca.cefa.
if you want shielding it's the Fenrir.

Of course if money is no object take the lot (I have) and fly whatever the situation demands. :goner:
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 15:18

I'm wondering if the steering is enough on the springy. Is it sufficient? Should I get the springy of the spitfyre? They're both incredibly fast, and they have decent firepower.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 15:29

Aidyer wrote:I'm wondering if the steering is enough on the springy. Is it sufficient? Should I get the springy of the spitfyre? They're both incredibly fast, and they have decent firepower.
you need to get used to springy, you might crash a couple of times but when you do get used you'll never want to fly any other ship in game :) that is an actual downside of it - the fact that it is the best ship (IMO) in game and makes any other corvette/fighter (even frigates :P ) obsolete :)

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 15:30

Jumee wrote:
Aidyer wrote:I'm wondering if the steering is enough on the springy. Is it sufficient? Should I get the springy of the spitfyre? They're both incredibly fast, and they have decent firepower.
you need to get used to springy, you might crash a couple of times but when you do get used you'll never want to fly any other ship in game :) that is an actual downside of it - the fact that it is the best ship (IMO) in game and makes any other corvette/fighter (even frigates :P ) obsolete :)
Forget the spitfyre I think I know a good description of a ship when I see one :P

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 15:37

Aidyer wrote:
Jumee wrote:
Forget the spitfyre I think I know a good description of a ship when I see one :P
you will need to get PMAML's in the main battery and PSSC in turrets (do not do the heresy that some people do - putting EMPC's on springy :D )

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 16:59

Spytfire

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”