can you remodle,re texture asteroids.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

warkiwi3
x3ap

can you remodle,re texture asteroids.

Post by warkiwi3 » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 04:28

i was wondering if you can remodle and re texture asteroids cause i had an idea what you could do is remodle an asteroid in to a masive sephere then add a bunch of hills and mountains to the surface then re texture it to make it look like a planet then give it a seperate object id or some thing then re name it and add it to the game files then go into galaxy editor then make your own universe with planets that let you fly around the surface.

(i also thaught about re modleing space stations then you can land on the surface but i dont think you can remodel them)

so what do you think is it possibul.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Sat, 18. Feb 12, 21:22

Of course you can create something big and place it into the X universe. The problem is: if it's big enough to give you the feeling of a real planet then the collision box will be so extremely large that AI ships won't be able to maneuver in this sector. Same as in sector earth; have you ever tried to use autopilot to dock at the torus?
Don't know, maybe it would be possible to eliminat collision completely but the ships would fly right through the "planet". And that won't look good.
So better you forget about planets. Other people have asked that before.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”