[AP] Race rankings took a beating

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lt_wentoncha
x4

[AP] Race rankings took a beating

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 20:41

Howdy all,

Somehow during my capping adventure of a Kyoto in Asteroid Belt (which was successful, got it at 79% hull and 18/20 marines alive) I went from the highest Split Ranking to Family Enemy.

Is there a way to recover? I don't know what I did or how it happened, but they really hate me now and have destroyed all of my satellites in their sectors.

Thanks.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 21:42

As usual, start with doing missions for Split personnel of non-Split stations. Then, when it becomes possible, do missions for Split in Split border sectors.
I've heard you can also kill Boron ships in Split space.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 21:43

While you're at it, check all your other ships and make sure none are 'going postal' on Split ships somewhere. That's the usual cause of such incidents.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 22:04

When you can do Build station missions for them,do a few of them,as these missions are good rep builders :D

Your capture of Koyoto had no bearing on Split rep afaik,unless there were some Split nearby that took some hits.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 23:32

I'm currently on AP started from Enemy of the Federation 0%, clawing my way up (Only 37% so far), and it was so bad there were absolutely no missions in Argon territory. So a good way to look is in the sectors next to Split territory, and then you might find missions around there (Harmony of Perpetuity has many Argon in it, two from Treasure Chest, as an example in my game if I was unclear).

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Mon, 20. Feb 12, 23:40

Will hostile ships go blue over time with rep increase? Because if they don't I'm going to scrap my game (not happy about that, but if I can't buy Pythons, Drakes, Cobras, and Elephants I might as well not play) :evil:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 00:43

you could try apologizing to the captains.
That sometimes works.

Check your friend foe settings on your all ships ,including the one you are in.

But if you can improve your rank as well, it will help.

Mergelsberg
x3tc

Post by Mergelsberg » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 01:40

lt_wentoncha wrote:Will hostile ships go blue over time with rep increase? Because if they don't I'm going to scrap my game (not happy about that, but if I can't buy Pythons, Drakes, Cobras, and Elephants I might as well not play) :evil:
I just spend a few days doing missions for Paranid NPCs in border regions and have managed to work my way up from Enemy of Priest Duke 99% to Unholy Nomad. After a small scrap with a Paranid Customs fighter my rank with them is now down to Tainted Wanderer again.
Still they allow me to dock and trade with them.

Either way, bar a few ships and some stations, the bulk of the Paranid are blue on radar now and they no longer open fire just because I pass through their weapons range.

I haven't bothered with Split rep. and I am not planning to, rather I am planning to splat the Split. But I expect they work the same way as the Paranid.

MaxN
x4

Post by MaxN » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 09:52

Nanook wrote:While you're at it, check all your other ships and make sure none are 'going postal' on Split ships somewhere. That's the usual cause of such incidents.
I remember my AI controlled Boreas going postal for apparently no reason in Home of Light :lol:

As I was busy somewhere else I jumped in only to see a few remaining red Argon ships and noticed my rank drop from Hero to Enemy of the Federation in no time...

Back on topic the suggestions above are all pretty valid. Maybe I'm wrong but I've noticed that rank increase is more significant the harder the mission accomplished, so 'Hard' missions will increase rank more than 'easy' ones. Or is it just my impression ?

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 16:09

lt_wentoncha wrote:Will hostile ships go blue over time with rep increase?
No. They won't.
lt_wentoncha wrote:Because if they don't I'm going to scrap my game (not happy about that, but if I can't buy Pythons, Drakes, Cobras, and Elephants I might as well not play) :evil:
Don't worry. You just have to apologize to them and they will turn blue. There's a slight chance the ship's captain/pilot hates you really much and refuses the apology. Kill him. Either via Missile-Exploit or somewhere quiet and regain faction via missions.

You can claw up your way from the bottom rank just fine. It's just really hard at the lowest level because you can't increase your rank through missions.

Tip: Deploy a satellite in every Split sector after geting back to a 'normal' (neutral) relationship and watch out for red leftovers. (Especially military patrols.) Some of them will automatically turn blue if you enter the sector yourself but most of them want an apology.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”