x3ap PHQ and Hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dudeydudett
x3tc

x3ap PHQ and Hub

Post by dudeydudett » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 06:02

What are the requirements to start these plots?

Any help is appreciated.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 06:05

First and most important requirement: Not having selected Terran Commander as game start.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

alr
x3ap

Post by alr » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 10:39

Can somebody confirm the HUB Requirements?

Ive got the PHQ, just havent been offered the hub mission yet, and im assuming its just a matter of my Boron rep.

Ill go do some missions.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 10:55

Argon plot completed, max rep with all races, received both new plots after loading a save.

alr
x3ap

Post by alr » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 11:06

max rep with all races? Surely not, the terrans hate me...

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 11:11

alr wrote:max rep with all races? Surely not, the terrans hate me...
Except for Terrans, of course :) (though it is positive).

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 11:20

Linked my hub with a Terran sector... watching Aldrin Energy Transporters (Springblossoms) own all Boron military ships in the sector, hahahaha.

alr
x3ap

Post by alr » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 11:30

sorry for the noob questions, but i stopped playing X3 after 1000 hrs or so into a heavily modified X3R, i wasnt going to restart all over in TC so i skipped it. So i havent had experience with the hub before.

So it is correct that u need max rep with all races, excluding terrans (which still have to be in the positive)?

Ive heard all you need is a high enough boron rep..

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 15:06

WeriTis wrote:First and most important requirement: Not having selected Terran Commander as game start.
TY SO MUCH egosoft for this now i can just go and wait for XTC 2.0 since i only plan to play terran not sum upstart argons fools.
sad there is no planetary bombardment if there was argon prime would have population of 0 :twisted:

bonesbro
x3

Post by bonesbro » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 17:07

Nagittchi wrote:Linked my hub with a Terran sector... watching Aldrin Energy Transporters (Springblossoms) own all Boron military ships in the sector, hahahaha.
Now that's a funny idea for those who really wanted to be playing Terran... go get the hub and link it up to let the Terrans take over. You're a double agent :)

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 12:15

WeriTis wrote:First and most important requirement: Not having selected Terran Commander as game start.
Oh God. Why do they do that to the one game start I choose? :evil:

Are there are scripts to activate these plots with that game start?

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 12:23

Aidyer wrote: Oh God. Why do they do that to the one game start I choose? :evil:
No one knows. I guess it is because AP seems to be pretty much a bastard child.

Way to alienate the part of their fanbase that sided with the terrans.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

Seventh Raven

Post by Seventh Raven » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 14:04

PHQ quest triggered for me the moment I hit Majority Shareholder rank with the Teladi. I think the HUB quest begins if you have a similar reputation with the Boron (and possibly the Argon).

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 15:03

Aidyer wrote:
Oh God. Why do they do that to the one game start I choose? :evil:

Are there are scripts to activate these plots with that game start?
Terran Revitalization Project is working on activating the plots for the Terrans.
There may be a delay before this is ready.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 15:29

seriously what do you realy want?

Terrans:

get an M6 that can travel 2-3x the speed any other M6 can (Springblossom)
have the single most powerful cap weapon in the game (PSP)
have an M2+ that can carry M8's that can level sector on its own (Kyoto)
you have to worry about collecting 4 laser types and 7 missile types CoP have how much to try to collect?
its 10x easier for you to fix rep with other races than it is for us to fix rep with the ATF/Terran
can board CoP ships easier than we can board Terran/ATF ships

you basically have the best of everything and you still grudge us the PHQ and HUB.
HydraX wrote:sad there is no planetary bombardment if there was argon prime would have population of 0 :twisted:
yeh got one word for ya... TORUS :P

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 15:38

ConCorDian wrote: have the single most powerful cap weapon in the game (PSP)
have an M2+ that can carry M8's that can level sector on its own (Kyoto)
you have to worry about collecting 4 laser types and 7 missile types CoP have how much to try to collect?
PSP has lower dps than PPC and especially in AI hands it tends to miss and just sits there for 10 seconds eating hits

Megalodon is at the very least on par with Kyoto (actually it is better but Kyoto has better docking and Claymores with Phantoms can wipe anything out)

Terran stations cause more lag (I guess they have higher poly count or something) and you cant produce spectres so they lack medium missiles :)

I have no idea why I just wrote this :) I was not trying to say that Terran are weaker, their bad capital weapons are balanced out by better ship stats

bladerunner1254
x3tc

Post by bladerunner1254 » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 16:28

Started playing as Humble Merchant. Race REP was already maxed out before the AP 2.0 patch hit. Still havent been offered the PHQ or HUB plot yet. Fight and Trade REP is still a bit low. Could this be the problem?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 16:35

bladerunner1254 wrote:Started playing as Humble Merchant. Race REP was already maxed out before the AP 2.0 patch hit. Still havent been offered the PHQ or HUB plot yet. Fight and Trade REP is still a bit low. Could this be the problem?
did you finish the main war plot?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 16:42

PSP has lower dps than PPC and especially in AI hands it tends to miss and just sits there for 10 seconds eating hits
in the first 20 seconds of combat, the PSP has a higher damage output, its only after that point is when the PSP starts to be subpar to the PPC.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 16:59

Catra wrote:
in the first 20 seconds of combat, the PSP has a higher damage output, its only after that point is when the PSP starts to be subpar to the PPC.
The problem is that in the AI hands Tyr or any other PSP wielding ship (I checked on my Tyr) tends to miss a lot so there is no guarantee that in those 20 seconds it wont miss half the shots (it is even worse when fighting packs of Q's as (again in AI hands) it will definitely miss a lot and keep just sitting there taking shots)

Of course when I'm piloting it I approach from an angle that allows it to fire better and generally maneuver in a way that improve chances to hit (it almost never misses) but the problem is giving control over to AI

If a PPC round misses its not a big deal as there is a stream of shots so one or two dont have much of an effect but when you can fire once per 10 seconds each missed round is suddenly important

But OOS they, obviously, outperform any CW destroyer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”