[AP] new M7 pocket carriers max shields ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Great Stonk
x3tc

[AP] new M7 pocket carriers max shields ?

Post by The Great Stonk » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 20:48

the 4 new mini carriers in the 2.0 patch seem to have significantly lower shields than the griffon/panther on which they are based/compared...

griffon carries 4GJ, all the new ships have 1GJ or less....

do we think this is an oversight?

i find it a little strange that any ship costing 15+ million would carry only 3x200mj shields...
Last edited by The Great Stonk on Sat, 25. Feb 12, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 20:57

in addition, whilst sampling all the new ships, i am unable to purchase the terran pocket carrier, betty says 'no docking space available for new ship'

there are no other ships docked at the shipyard. this is at Saturn...

hmmmn.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 21:00

I doubt we're going to be getting more shields on those things. Have you ever taken a look at a Galleon? An M1 that docks 25 ships, has 2Gj shields and costs (or is worth) around 50 million credits. Sure, it has bucket loads of guns in comparison, but why bother capping one when you can get an Ariadne for under 20 million that docks the same number of ships (OK, 24 vs 25) but is a lot faster? Any more shields and you'll be making M1s redundant.
Last edited by Xander Cade on Sat, 25. Feb 12, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 21:03

There is a discussion of their shielding here.

If there are capital ships already on the way and cleared for docking at the Saturn shipyard then the build of a new ship might be denied for a while. See if anything big comes and goes and then try again.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 21:35

The Great Stonk wrote:in addition, whilst sampling all the new ships, i am unable to purchase the terran pocket carrier, betty says 'no docking space available for new ship'

there are no other ships docked at the shipyard. this is at Saturn...

hmmmn.
I have an Ice Miner perma-docked at Saturn SY which is annoying, it also seems to be the SY used by the Terran RRF which may account for your problem.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”