Retrieval of Drones in TC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HateDread
x3ap

Retrieval of Drones in TC?

Post by HateDread » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 09:25

Hey all,

I've seen a lot of threads around about this topic, and based on the answers within them, I had some questions;

- Some people have suggested MARS, but I can't seem to retrieve normal drones using it?

- 'Drone Keys 1.01' is apparently a mod/script on the German forums that comes with a hotkey for both launching and retrieving drones. I've searched the forums high and low but can't find it. Does anybody know where I can get it/what to look for in German?

I'm just hoping to fix up this frustrating part of the game.

Cheers,
- HateDread.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 09:33

Having trouble flying over top of them like you would floating cargo?

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 09:34

Sorry, I should have specified that piece of information. That obviously works, but when I have 20-30+ drones, flying to them one-by-one in an M7 isn't really practical.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 09:39

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Hopefully someone has some input on the matter.

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 12:32

Thanks for tryin'!

I've been searching for things like 'Tasten' (keys), Drohne (drone), etc, but I probably have the wrong form of the words, and am having trouble digging through the German threads! Any help would be appreciated.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 12:59

If you have a ship with docking bays, drones should return automatically, going back into cargo when they dock. You only need one free space for this to work.

If you're specifically looking for scripts to allow this on all ships, you're probably better off asking in the Scripts and Modding forums.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:19

Yeah, I heard about that, but I'd really like control over them, i.e. calling them back even with enemies around, etc. That's why I'm after this damn drone keys mod.

If a mod wishes to move this to the S&M section, that'd be cool :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”