I think I broke the Aldrin Expansion plot! - Workaround used.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

isbent
x4

I think I broke the Aldrin Expansion plot! - Workaround used.

Post by isbent » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 21:20

the mission now reads as;

Aldrin Expansion
Frontier
Fly To: object.name@L2M011.Aldrin 2 Gate
Time left:<no limit> Average

I was in the middle of dropping off Lt Jake Griffin in Aldrin 2 when I checked my stations and noticed a supply issue, so I jumped to my home sector for few hours and hooked up a bunch of stations to remedy the supply issue, then jumped back to Aldrin 2 to drop off Lt Jake Griffin. Upon docking, he got off, and the next mission loaded as "Fly To: object.name@L2M011.Aldrin 2 Gate." where the object in question is the is the station I'm docked at the USC Orbital Supply Base. I disembark from the base and redock, and nothing happens.

Initially I though this may be because, I jumped out of Aldrin 2, into spires, and then back into Aldrin 2 to complete it; so I tried Jumping back into Aldrin 1, using the gate, docked - same result.

I disembark from the Station, which has the yellow mission indicator arrows pointing at it, redock - Nothing.

There are only four fixed objects in the sector. A south gate, a west gate, the USC OSB, and an Aldrin Mixed food prod base.

In the words of my favorite redhead, "please help."

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 22:58

Can you kick the Lieutenant out an airlock and pick him up again? That might reset the mission.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

isbent
x4

Post by isbent » Sun, 26. Feb 12, 23:38

Rapier wrote:Can you kick the Lieutenant out an airlock and pick him up again? That might reset the mission.
Well, picking him back up after ejecting him from my Kestrel proved entertaining, but sadly rendered the same result.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 00:07

Oh well, at least you had some fun. ;)

I think I have seen a similar problem reported, I can't remember the fix though. At the very worst, you can run the plot resetting mod, though that would tag your game as modified.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 14:43

There's a sort of workaround to try here or PM paulms1980 about his recent similar issue here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

isbent
x4

Post by isbent » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 03:59

Alan Phipps wrote:There's a sort of workaround to try here or PM paulms1980 about his recent similar issue here.
Thanks Alan, that worked like a charm!

Yay, I don't have to replant 40 stations!

I was trying to up the crystal out put of my complex in EoL, and went all OCD ensuring it was self sustaining; I actually literally added 3 of each races native resource and it's catalyst, and two Lrg Crystal Refinery for each race. So this saved me a bit of effort.

Now if only GoD would make another silicon asteroid within 20 Klicks, life would be perfect.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”