I want to capture this Valhalla...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

I want to capture this Valhalla...

Post by sadron » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 04:34

But I'm not sure how to go about it without screwing up immensely. There's 2 of them here in Circle of Labor. How do I not get ass raped by these guys as I try and capture one?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 04:39

You can try waiting them out, then hit one after the other leaves the sector.

If you don't care about your Terran rep you can just kill one and capture the other. You should already have an M7M, so just barrage one to death.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 04:45

I should, yeah, but only my Sirokos is in service.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/47086 ... E884A86DD/
This is what I have to contend with.

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 05:04

I think the only way is waiting there. Maybe a couple of M8s could take 'em, but you'll need a lot of Tomahawks/Phantoms.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 05:06

Take your marines and spacewalk a nice cobra and retire the sirokos, then take the cobra and level the sector and board the valhalla(s).
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 05:38

Okay guys, you won't believe this.

For whatever reason, misfired missile or what, I don't know, the ATF and Terrans began fighting. I seized this opportunity to call in my Sirokos. By the time I got into position its shields were down so I sent in 4 boarding pods of 20 marines. The thing managed to survive long enough for me to capture it. However it didn't have a jumpdrive. Thinking quickly I docked my Springblossom onto it, transfered the jumpdrive and all of my energy cells to it. Told my Sirokos to jump out and then jumped this bad boy out as well, with 10% hull remaining. Man this was one crazy capture. All 20 marines are safe and sound and I'll be transfering them back onto the Sirokos soon.

Now I have a new problem, I'm at -3 rank for ATF, and can't dock at their stations. What should I do to repair the rep? It's at 94% so it's close to -2, I think I can dock in Segaris and Althes at -2...

h3h

Post by h3h » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:10

You can't repair your rep with ATF if you can't dock. Most people just get their rep up with them to 7+ and then capture the Val. You'll then be able to repair your rep with them after the capture. :pirat:

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:14

Congrats on the cap! :pirat:
sadron wrote:Now I have a new problem, I'm at -3 rank for ATF, and can't dock at their stations. What should I do to repair the rep? It's at 94% so it's close to -2, I think I can dock in Segaris and Althes at -2...
I ended up exactly the same rank (94% of -3 rank). Fortunately I still have a Mistral SF sitting in the Althes OD base. It still needs around 2500 cargo bay upgrades. So I think I can make back enough rep. :)

As for getting it back when you can't dock... I think that is a problem. But as long as ATF ships are still "friendly" and don't shoot you on sight, you'll be fine!

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:22

Isn't there a way for me to earn their rep through kills? Or I can just wait until I have all of my achievements so it doesn't matter if I cheat...

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:24

nope, once your docking rights are gone, you cant get the rank back.

MY ADVICE . have some docked ships at althes/segaris before capping the big ship.

they respawn , your atf rank does not.

sometimes is better to reload...
X gamer , one at a time.

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:32

sadron wrote:Isn't there a way for me to earn their rep through kills? Or I can just wait until I have all of my achievements so it doesn't matter if I cheat...
The ATF don't own any sectors. I think all the Core sectors are "Terran". So killing Argon will only increase your Terran rep. (Correct me if this is not accurate). Not to mention Argon ships are only found in the war sectors, unless you are lucky to get an Assassination mission in a core sector of course.

Option 2 is certainly possible, just annoying I suppose. Especially once Egosoft gets the stats uplink working for minor epeen stroking. And who knows what plans they have for new content/plots before X: Rebirth is released (and possibly afterwards). There may be additional achievements to acquire.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 06:34

Is there a file I can tweak?

Raize

Post by Raize » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 13:51

Kill pirate bases until one spawns near Althes or Segaris then hack the ATF station...
Hens love roosters, geese love ganders,
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”