Roadmap to successfully boarding a destroyer/carrier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WhiteOwl
x3ap

Roadmap to successfully boarding a destroyer/carrier

Post by WhiteOwl » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 23:08

Hi,

I'm playing a start where I've decided not to buy any ships but rather cap/board my way to glory (and also accept any plot ship rewards :)). I'm a relative beginner and haven't got much experience/had much success with boarding ops. So far I've managed to board a TM with 5 high-fighting (3/4 stars fighting skill) marines for the loss of two of them :(

So, my question is this, obviously with a Vidar M6, and a few TPs, I'm not going to be able to board an M2 immediately, so what roadmap would you suggest to get there? I was thinking, get an M6+ first, then an M7M, then an M7 and then go for the M2.

Any suggestions/improvements/elaborations on the above?

Thanks for your help!

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 23:09

Target commonwealth/Pirate ships before Terran/Xenon.
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 23:12

The sticky has a bunch of topics that you'll find helpful. Boarding can be really tricky when you're new to it

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 04:59

Save multiple times during the boarding op to get the best possible outcome i/e no marines lost. Take Return Abandoned Ship missions in till you find M6's and M7's and just board those for fun/training fight rank. Not sure if a M7M can be found on those missions though.

Also you should read the FAQs and walkthroughs, some good info in there. There's a couple youtube videos showing successful boarding ops.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”