Sector just north of yaki land

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ShoC
x4

Sector just north of yaki land

Post by ShoC » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:01

The unknown there seems to have amazing quantity of silicone and ore
If on good terms whats your thought on this being a phq sector?
Easy to make a plant Just for ec and other single plants for supply for ship building and weapons creation

Opinion? Bad because of possible lag?
Nice to just also it someplace where its alone and link hub to phq sector
[/quote]
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:
because you cant terraform a rock.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:07

Why do you need so much minerals for PHQ? It is much safer to place it in an empty unknown sector, otherwise ships trying to dock on it on auto-pilot will be crashing into roids. In my games pirates sometimes tend to settle in this sector and could present a small issue.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:11

yaki dont venture into savage spur.

you have to be on good terms with the paranid, as they have to pass through there on their patrol into yaki space.

its a meh PHQ sector. just so sloppy and messy, and ships unless you are OOS have a terribly hard time not dying to dock with it.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

ShoC
x4

Post by ShoC » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:18

I have no idea on ago production but assume I need a nice setup of stuff..
Legends home is looking nice but I make drugs there
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:

EspritFort
x4

Post by EspritFort » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:22

I've said it and I will say it again: I consider a resource gathering setup for the PHQ to be useless. Recycling ships gives you all the resources you'll ever want. No need for complexes and mines.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:31

That is going to be my home sector too (savage spur). The asteroids there will make weapons/shields/ammo/missiles..

Resources for the PHQ to make ships? just borrow and recycle some Terran trash they have flying around + its fun too !

ShoC
x4

Post by ShoC » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:35

I honestly didn't know you can recycle ships thats awesome!
Maybe ill use savage for shields and weapons.. Maybe link hub to it and do it that way

Catra wrote:

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 19:39

Catra wrote:yaki dont venture into savage spur.
That's not true. Be sure to tell these yaki not to go there:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5889 ... 00003c.jpg

edit:
damn photobucket autoresize
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:00

Yes - Yaki always patrol Savage Spur.... they assist me in keeping the Paranid out of my mobile mining grounds and Yaki outlet centers. :roll:

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:04

Hmmm. Savage Spur HQ, not a bad idea.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:09

Ask yourself do you want your PHQ to be in a sector with a zillion stations/asteriods
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:10

pulzarokkit wrote:Ask yourself do you want your PHQ to be in a sector with a zillion stations/asteriods
Who cares about practicality when it looks cool?

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:18

pulzarokkit wrote:
That's not true.
seconded, ive got what would appear to be a constant Yaki presence in Savage Spur. fair enough no capitals, just a dozen fighters max.

as for Savage Spur as a PHQ sector, i wouldn't personally, it makes an excellent production sector, i personally have a largish crystal complex in it to transfer to my SPP's i dotted around the galaxy. i know a few others use it as shield/weapon production sector.

recycling ships is all fair and good but its not imo constant if you want to pump out ships fairly regularly (unless your happy just capping ships constantly which im not) im setting up a small 300mil complex in the Unknown Sec next to Unseen Domain (im playing AP dont know if your playing AP or what) that will produce me all the resources i need for ship construction. my actual PHQ will be placed in the Unknown next to Legends Home (easy access to Jumpdrives)

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:23

Flozem wrote:
pulzarokkit wrote:Ask yourself do you want your PHQ to be in a sector with a zillion stations/asteriods
the problem is that a full complex there can amount to over 500 stations and will turn the sector into one of those you never enter because of terrible lag and it is going to look ugly :P

EspritFort
x4

Post by EspritFort » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:24

ConCorDian wrote:
pulzarokkit wrote:
That's not true.
seconded, ive got what would appear to be a constant Yaki presence in Savage Spur. fair enough no capitals, just a dozen fighters max.

as for Savage Spur as a PHQ sector, i wouldn't personally, it makes an excellent production sector, i personally have a largish crystal complex in it to transfer to my SPP's i dotted around the galaxy. i know a few others use it as shield/weapon production sector.

recycling ships is all fair and good but its not imo constant if you want to pump out ships fairly regularly (unless your happy just capping ships constantly which im not)
You don't have to cap them, you can just buy them ;)

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 20:30

EspritFort wrote:
ConCorDian wrote:
pulzarokkit wrote:
That's not true.

recycling ships is all fair and good but its not imo constant if you want to pump out ships fairly regularly (unless your happy just capping ships constantly which im not)
You don't have to cap them, you can just buy them ;)
^^ exactly, see your only going to make ships you cant buy... like the M3 reward (donno why tho) Hyperion(cant be Re for blueprints? ) but other prototypes that you cant buy.. I mean why make a mammoth when you can buy 1 ?

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 21:42

EspritFort wrote:I've said it and I will say it again: I consider a resource gathering setup for the PHQ to be useless. Recycling ships gives you all the resources you'll ever want. No need for complexes and mines.
Very smart. So smart a lot of people will pass it by not seeing the full significance of the idea.

You are right, buy up a load of cheap transports, send them to the PHQ for recycling, job done.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 21:58

AL'42 wrote:You are right, buy up a load of cheap transports, send them to the PHQ for recycling, job done.
Or invite civilian Arenas for a Grand Gamble of a Lifetime. :pirat:

I have seen Savage Spur with 1000+ stations (in the higher framerate X3R). HQ would not have looked good in that mix. Even the still images were slow. But then again, I hardly ever saw the HQ anyway. Sitting idle at "home" makes no profitsss.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 04:45

Savage Spur is excellent for PHQ. The roids there occupy a "small corner. Not the whole ;p
Ocracoke's Storm is excellent to build a MEGA complex with everything you need. Including weapons.
Senator's Badlands and Weaver's Tempest is exellent for mining operations.
You can make an open market and some NPCs will managge to buy but less chance to leave with the precious cargo too ;p

Don't ever start to shoot the yaki and everything will be just fine ;p
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 05:58

Flozem wrote:
I agree, entering that sector from Empires Edge for the first time was one of the coolest moments in my game
I fly Terran for the accents

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”