[AP]Weapon Loadout Questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Necropyro
x4

[AP]Weapon Loadout Questions

Post by Necropyro » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 21:27

So I have the PHQ and Hub finished already and have a nice little trade empire setup, now getting around to defending said empire with sets of patrolling ships. My issue is which types of weapons would be better to give to a fleet of M3+s (I'm thinking of using the Eclipse or Notus in wings of at least 5)? Going to fit them with all the normal upgrades but as far as weapons goes I'm still a tad unsure. Would Enegry Bolt Chainguns be better or HEPTs? These ships would be used 99% OOS and in Teladi space to protect my silicon transfer ships from rampant piracy. Xenon wont be much of an issues with where my ships travel but i tend to loose quite a few transports to pirate Novas and such. Also have a Megalodon that I'm using as a semi permanent player ship, have it outfitted with Flak arrays, Cluster Flaks and Gauss Cannons, would this be considered a decent outfit?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 22:12

EBC's are quite good, tho from recent posts of mine I think it would be good to mix some up like

group1 HEPTS + full Missiles
groupe2 EBC+ full ammo

EDIT:

OOS I'm not too experienced on but I think from what I'v read that HEPTS would be better

as for player ship I'll always recommend the Griffon Sentinel CFA/FFA/CIG/IPG and have it swap out the weapons automatically

Iv been killing Q's Tyr's Odins, Kayoto's ..well everything except an I so far (aint met one yet)

+ I have found a few tunings so im 200+M/s

EDIT 2: Also in OOS if an enemy ship has flack it will AOE your fighters OOS from now in AP ships with turrets can target multiple targets ! not just all turrets on 1 target like before (If im wrong please correct me)

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 22:29

(I'm thinking of using the Eclipse or Notus in wings of at least 5)?
have a corvette lead the way, and then have fighters swarm around it with the " attack closest enemy of... " pirates will usually try to take out the 'vette first.
Would Enegry Bolt Chainguns be better or HEPTs?
HEPT.
with Flak arrays, Cluster Flaks and Gauss Cannons, would this be considered a decent outfit?
IMO: replace frontal GC with IC. and put PPC in the back slot.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”