X3AP-2.0 UFJD leaving me out in the void

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

haines
x3tc

X3AP-2.0 UFJD leaving me out in the void

Post by haines » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:15

I was in Jupiter right next (within 2Km) to a very large station (don't recall which one), and decided to UFJD. This was the first time I have used it in AP. I got to a fairly empty sector, a couple of L's and M's.

I wandered around a while and decided to go back...10 ... 20 ... 30 ... 40 ... 50 ... 60 ... 70 ... 80 ... 90 ... 100...Nothing.

I stay right there. I can't figure a way to jump back to 'normal' space. UFJD just counts up to 100% and stays there. Shift-J does the same thing. I can't use menu options to jump back.

Anyone have an idea of what's up? I can reload and not load too much... and I might do that if I can't get back to real space soon.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:19

Do you have e-cells on board?

If not,there should be a crate or two floating around.

Else I recon you found a bug.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:21

TTD wrote: If not,there should be a crate or two floating around.
What's funny, I haven't seen them in AP. Did they go the way of Kha'ak?

mimeo

Post by mimeo » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:33

I had same issue today, and LUCKILY had autodsave.
I will not count that I had delivered all food to Hub and waited 2 hours for cooldown to finish HUB quest, after deciding, with overwriting save slot to do ufj.
Got strandeed as well, and had around 2000 energy in Griffon Sentinel, as well as normal JD installed. But it would not jump so I loost good ammount of time!
Also 2 times so far had some equipment getting destroyed even though shield was intact (100%).
First time I lost triplex scanner (and I did not land on any object or anything whatsoever!) and second time my freight scanner was destroyed.
I would hear only first half of message destroyed since after that, ship computer tells me I entered unknown sector... :(
Pretty nasty bug, thought me to keep separate saves even when flying through space, but luckily did not loose any big progress or caps I can`t get back again. but I lost nerves... :evil: :evil: :evil:
I woke up this morning, got myself a gun; mom always said I`ll be the chosen one. One in a million, I believe I`m gonna burn to shine, I was born under bad sign with a blue moon in my eye.

haines
x3tc

Post by haines » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:34

I have plenty of ECs. And I picked up the 3 crates I found. Oh well, back to a saved game.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:38

I thoroughly recommend using the Savegame Manager linked in my thread.

You can fork the game at any point and rename the save campaign etc.

There is one for each of the X3 games. :)

HaydenBenafield

Post by HaydenBenafield » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:40

mimeo wrote: First time I lost triplex scanner (and I did not land on any object or anything whatsoever!) and second time my freight scanner was destroyed.
You would think it is a bug, but in fact it is a "fun" feature. You see, somebody at egosoft decided it would be very entertaining if you randomly lose some equipment. Such entertainers usually get a rotten tomato in their face, if something like this happens in real life. But with a game I guess it is OK.
mimeo wrote: Pretty nasty bug, thought me to keep separate saves even when flying through space, but luckily did not loose any big progress or caps I can`t get back again. but I lost nerves... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Great, another bug. All resources spent on creating annoying features such as that disappearing equipment. Nothing left for testing.

haines
x3tc

Post by haines » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 00:51

HaydenBenafield wrote:Great, another bug. All resources spent on creating annoying features such as that disappearing equipment. Nothing left for testing.
I write code for a living. After a project gets to a certain size, testing every possible thing that a stupid user will do (In this case ... me : ) is impossible. I don't fault ES for this bug. Just something to keep in mind for the next up coming patch...if there is one.

The workaround would be to save (landing or manually) before UFJD...of course if I was doing a DiD....I would be much less forgiving. :lol:

Edit: For giggles I drop every thing from my hold, all modules, etc. The only thing I had left was EC, jump drive and nav software. Some thing. No jump. I then saved and reloaded. No change.

Yeah, I'm going back to the last auto save.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 01:07

Never had this problem.

mimeo

Post by mimeo » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 01:12

HaydenBenafield wrote:
mimeo wrote: First time I lost triplex scanner (and I did not land on any object or anything whatsoever!) and second time my freight scanner was destroyed.
You would think it is a bug, but in fact it is a "fun" feature. You see, somebody at egosoft decided it would be very entertaining if you randomly lose some equipment. Such entertainers usually get a rotten tomato in their face, if something like this happens in real life. But with a game I guess it is OK.
mimeo wrote: Pretty nasty bug, thought me to keep separate saves even when flying through space, but luckily did not loose any big progress or caps I can`t get back again. but I lost nerves... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Great, another bug. All resources spent on creating annoying features such as that disappearing equipment. Nothing left for testing.
:D:D:D:D
Yeah imagine you loose your Jumpdrive when you get to sector... (not sure if it will let you jump back to normal space)....
While UFJumping today I landed in sector which had galaxy as background - I`d say it`s where game takes place (Commonwealth,Terran, all others) so loosing jd in such space can really be demoralizing... even for most optimistic people! :lol:
I woke up this morning, got myself a gun; mom always said I`ll be the chosen one. One in a million, I believe I`m gonna burn to shine, I was born under bad sign with a blue moon in my eye.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 01:49

AFAIK your jumpdrive does not break from jumping to UFJD (and even if it did you should be able to use UFJD to jump out of there)

Musicker
x3tc

Post by Musicker » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 03:18

If I remember correctly the three things that can get "damaged" when you use the UFJD are Triplex Scanner, Freight Scanner and Transporter device. I can't remember if the Docking computer was included in the list, but I thought there were only three.

I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is faulty.. :P
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

TJP
x3tc

Post by TJP » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 11:38

This happened to me but only in Terran space. UFJD works fine everywhere else. :P

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 11:45

I suppose there is almost a kind of logic to this issue if you use the UFJD from Terran (non-jump gate/beacon) sectors as you cannot jump (back) to them using the normal jumpdrive from other normal sectors either.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 16:41

While testing 'A Gate Too Far' I UFJD jumped from Terran sectors all the time, including ones with just TOAs. Can't say I ever came across it.

DrATty
x3tc

Post by DrATty » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 17:32

This reminds me of a particular Star Trek Next Generation episode. In it, some Ferengi are stranded when a worm hole moves. I still find the story quite menacing.
Perhaps EgoSoft are fans.
Interestingly, 'Ferengi' is in the built-in auto-text dictionary of my phone. Trekkies are everywhere..
My Blog
My Forum

popej
x3tc

Post by popej » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 14:59

I'm sure I've read some roleplay stuff somewhere about UFJD's not working properly in Terran sectors.

Something to do with jumpdrives using a normal system gate to focus on in order to jump back?

It could have been a bug actually. It's also possible I completely mis-interpreted what I was reading as I'm still pretty new to the game despite my forum age.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 16:51

Musicker wrote:If I remember correctly the three things that can get "damaged" when you use the UFJD are Triplex Scanner, Freight Scanner and Transporter device. [..]

I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is faulty.. :P
No need for corrections, as it's correct.

MFG

Ketraar

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 19:10

popej wrote:I'm sure I've read some roleplay stuff somewhere about UFJD's not working properly in Terran sectors.
Sweet, so most bugs in the game can actually provide some roleplay value. Next thing you start roleplaying that the universe finaly went super-nova after the next CTD :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”