[AP] Makin' Friends with the Yaki. Broken?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wilee Darklight
x4

[AP] Makin' Friends with the Yaki. Broken?

Post by Wilee Darklight » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 20:49

Hey Guys,

In TC I had no problems gettin the Yaki to let me board their stations and buy their IBLs...

In AP however, I've been selling things to their Stock Exchange building for days(RL days, just to clarify :P), Killing Duke's freighters left right and center, etc... They don't shoot at me anymore in Weaver's Tempest, but they won't let me board any stations.

Can we not befriend them anymore?

P.S. They don't seem to give out missions at the Shipyard anymore... Is that broken too? Or am I just really unlucky with that part?
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 20:55

I have a complex that sells all the components to the Yaki in Weavers Tempest, and two CLS traders that give them the resources, and buy the IBLs to store in the Ryu I have parked there. They definitely are able to be befriended.

There is a bug where one of the files gets corrupted when Steam updates the game to 2.0, where missions will stop being offered as much. If you verify the game cache in Steam, it will fix the issue. That may be what you are seeing.

willyshop
x3ap

Post by willyshop » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 21:04

They won't give you missions until they like you enough to let you dock. It is certainly still possible to befriend them, though. Just keep at it.
Station Placement Assistance Script
"Split alive!"
Not anymore, you're not.

Wilee Darklight
x4

Post by Wilee Darklight » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 21:21

okie dokie. Thanks guys!
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 01:28

The easiest way to befriend the Yaki if they haven't given you docking clearance is to kill their enemies in their space. What I did was wait for a Paranid abandoned ship mission to retrieve a fighter, then went and picked it up with an M7. Then when the time came I just had to transfer a SETA drive and Docking computer across, fly it around a bit, and then dock with the M7 again when the Paranid came to destroy the stolen ship.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”