[AP] or [TC] Firing Missiles at M1s,M2, corvettes.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cipry

[AP] or [TC] Firing Missiles at M1s,M2, corvettes.

Post by Cipry » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 23:34

Some Pirate Carrack picked on me, so I had to stand up for myself. I was flying in my Aamon Prototype and had around 15 medium missiles(thunderbolts, i think). So I fired 'em all. None hit the Carrack, it shot them down even before getting close. This happens pretty often to me, out of around 30 Hammerheads i salvaged, only one hit the target(and destroyed a 30% hull Kyoto) . Quite a waste of good nukes.
I really don't use missiles anymore against ''multi-turret'' ships, as they never reach their destination. I just stay out of trouble, but trouble finds me.
What am i doing wrong?

Ozman202
x3tc

Post by Ozman202 » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 23:36

Normal practice is to fire a swarm of smaller light missiles first to distract the guns then follow up with the Heavies, the same can also be achieved by using Fighters to distract the guns.
Too many M3's Die by crashing into their own missiles

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 23:37

Make sure their turrets are busy shooting at something else. "Something else" being other NPC ships or drones, you (note that it's best if the turret is actively tracking you but not actually firing), or other missiles (Wasps are great).

Or just simply overwhelm them with even more missiles

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 23:38

If you distract the turrets with swarm missiles like Wasps first, or with fighter drones, your bigger missiles have a better chance of getting through. And if you can get the target to chase you, you can turn and fire straight down its 'throat' where it oftentimes won't even target the missiles. Or you can bring in a bomber or M7M and barrage them to death. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 02:11

Firing about 200 or so missiles should turn the trick.

Hopefully not on your PC, tho...
-- GD

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 02:19

Or keep a good stock of heavy swarm missiles on hand, Typhoons for instance are deadly to capitals in TC.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 03:14

What I used to do in my hyperion, is launch firestorm torpedoes at long range. Maybe 20-25 km. The hyperion can travel at the same speed as some slower missiles. This causes them to bunch up. Once within 10 km, I'd launch a few wasps to confuse the turrets and watch the fireworks.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 03:19

Wraiths work pretty well from the Hype or Springy as well. Launch a couple of those and watch their missile defence fail in the face of 20+ fairly powerful incoming warheads.

ivanwong1989

Post by ivanwong1989 » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 05:58

... wait till u go the modified route and install MARS fire control...
To Infinity, And Beyond!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”