[AP] Blueprints

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xander Cade
x3tc

[AP] Blueprints

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 19:09

I know that you can only get Blueprints for M6 and below, but a couple of things just occurred to me. Can you get Blueprints for rare/unique ships, and ships that aren't normally available in any given start?

Can you get the Blueprints for Hyperion, Washi or Advanced Kea without taking the Paranid, Yaki or Teladi starts?

What about the Advanced Chokaro, which I have heard is now in-game but have yet to see (TM is counted as below M6, right?)?

And the rarer ships, like Falcon Sentinel, that are only available second-hand in AP, can you buy the Blueprints for them?
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 19:21

no no no no no no

yes
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 19:24

you can reverse engineer ships above m6

you can board and reverse Hyperion you can reverse engineer Falcon Sentinel, but I dont know if Washi and Advanced Kea even exist in game so not sure about those two, havent seen Advanced Chokaro in vanila

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 20:57

You can RE almost anything, but that wasn't the question. Washi and Advanced Kea are available through Tormented Teladi and Yaki starts (and Advanced Pericles through Poisoned Paranid).

So, I guess if you can buy the ship second-hand then you can buy the Blueprints?
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 21:15

Xander Cade wrote: So, I guess if you can buy the ship second-hand then you can buy the Blueprints?
no idea, I only found out that you could buy them a few days ago :D

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 03:24

yesterday in yaki space i got offered a fujin raider. havent seen that ship on 2nd hand so far. i think i have to look closer for a washi then ;)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 03:59

Xander Cade wrote: So, I guess if you can buy the ship second-hand then you can buy the Blueprints?
Except pirates. At least in TC it was possible to get blueprints but not the actual ships for most pirate ships (except blastclaw prototype). Could be the same for Yaki.

wuhao1117
x3tc

Post by wuhao1117 » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 05:35

Just got a blueprint for falcon sentinel from a Teladi in Grand Exchange

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 09:18

Xander Cade wrote:You can RE almost anything, but that wasn't the question. Washi and Advanced Kea are available through Tormented Teladi and Yaki starts (and Advanced Pericles through Poisoned Paranid).

So, I guess if you can buy the ship second-hand then you can buy the Blueprints?
Tormented Teladi: Enhanced Kea (There is no Advanced Kea)
Poisoned Paranid: Hyperion Vanguard + Advanced Perseus

I don't know what yaki start are you talking about and the Washi isn't enabled in the game.
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

goslin
x3ap

Post by goslin » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 18:32

So... where/how do you get blueprints for sale (asside from reverse engineering)? Are these just random individual ships that show up as a mission icon offering them once you own an HQ? If so, what type of icon is it, as I have started ignoring the dollar ones on ships since I dont want to buy someones beat up TS that I have to spend an hr repairing with a repair laser to sell for less money than I make from my stations during that time period -.-

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 20:14

look for lightbulb icons at stations.

goslin
x3ap

Post by goslin » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 23:26

Any kind of station?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 00:58

Generally yes.

Those races who are set against you may only offer in borderlands.But if your rep is too low they refuse to give the blueprint.

abaddon
x3tc

Post by abaddon » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 01:11

What if I re-engineer my pre-nerf Boreas with the extra shield? Would I be able to build old style ones, or just the new one?

(Not that I'd really want to as I'd lose it's overtunnings...)

If I can manage to get some b-Kyons to drop from sector defense missions, it might be worthwhile re-engineering my Khaak corvette.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”