[MOD:REQ:AP2.0] No equipment dmg untill 50% hull

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

swatti
x4

[MOD:REQ:AP2.0] No equipment dmg untill 50% hull

Post by swatti » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 14:43

Every time i take hull-dmg something expensive seems to get destroyed while i can fry NPC-ships for hours with ion-d's and barely anything breaks.

So. My request is a mod that will not let equipment get damaged untill the ship is below 50% hull. Player ship that is, for fairness, might as well be NPCs too.

Several mods improve on hull-hp by a great deal turning capital-battles into impressive slug-fests, sadly player has no room in these as first few hits gimp any destroyer past usefullnes.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 19:19

The actual routines for this are hardcoded (KC).

You could, theoretically, create a script that would check for destroyed equipment and replace it, but you run into difficulty's when you try to sell an item (infinite items? :D)
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 20:02

Hmm, that does give an idea for a more complex setup.

If there were a script replacing lost stuff when entering station and creating a "snapshot" every time you undock... No problems with selling stuff and one would need to visit a station to "do repairs" or check if marine-repairs is installed and fix all stuff upon hitting 100% hull.

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 20:02

Jack08 wrote:The actual routines for this are hardcoded (KC).

You could, theoretically, create a script that would check for destroyed equipment and replace it, but you run into difficulty's when you try to sell an item (infinite items? :D)
You can't sell the equipment like jumpdrives and whatnot back anywhere can you? So that would leave destroyed guns, and missiles and so on.. overall i think that stuff getting destroyed is still fine.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 13:08

Drockt1 wrote:... overall i think that stuff getting destroyed is still fine.
Jeah, well, not all of us want to load game after borked battle. For us, its horrible.

Id say missiles, e-cells, cargo, etc dont matter much. Just equips, tuneups and guns.

Drockt1
x4

Post by Drockt1 » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 17:13

swatti wrote:
Drockt1 wrote:... overall i think that stuff getting destroyed is still fine.
Jeah, well, not all of us want to load game after borked battle. For us, its horrible.

Id say missiles, e-cells, cargo, etc dont matter much. Just equips, tuneups and guns.
Shrug to each there own.. but you don't have to reload every time somethings damaged.... and if only the stuff in the "inventory" like ecells, missiles, wares, guns, shields could be damaged, it would be wa better then equipment getting damaged also(like JDs).

Overall i find replacing ware's like guns easy, replacing equipment can be really annoying cause sometimes its hard to even know what items you lost(like hey im trying to find a specific ware, to find out my Best Buy software was destroyed and i didn't even know it!).

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 18:28

You could probably edit WareLists.pck to include all the equipment that you want so all your ships come with built-in jump drives etc. Since they are built in they would never get destroyed.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 06:01

Does anyone know if equipment can be set to built-in with a script?

I would prefer to pay for jump drives, but I would also like to be able to fight into hull without having to spend an hour finding all the equipment again.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 06:22

Teleth wrote:Does anyone know if equipment can be set to built-in with a script?
No
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 06:43

I do not mind the cost of repairs, and I do not even mind losing rare weapons. But equipment... yeah, that is just too much hassle to maintain. The vanilla way becomes boring after manually equipping your first 100 ships, plus or minus a few. :)

I use LV's Upgrade Kits to solve this (and other equipment-related problems). I adjusted plugin.deliver.jd.getlists to include the exact equipment that I want for different roles.

I take my lumps during battle. But, afterwards, I just reinstall upgrade kits for a full upgrade. It automagically finds the missing equipment, replaces it, and bills me for the work, with a reasonable service charge.

Nice.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 09:07

DrBullwinkle wrote:I do not mind the cost of repairs, and I do not even mind losing rare weapons. But equipment... yeah, that is just too much hassle to maintain. The vanilla way becomes boring after manually equipping your first 100 ships, plus or minus a few. :)

I use LV's Upgrade Kits to solve this (and other equipment-related problems). I adjusted plugin.deliver.jd.getlists to include the exact equipment that I want for different roles.

I take my lumps during battle. But, afterwards, I just reinstall upgrade kits for a full upgrade. It automagically finds the missing equipment, replaces it, and bills me for the work, with a reasonable service charge.

Nice.
This sounds like a great addition, thanks for the suggestion!

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 12:50

this also tells us, why XRebith will be a flop

because there alway will be problems like this, perfect game is not possible, but with MSCI people are able to actually write things like "LV's Upgrade Kits" and fix them

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 17:22

djrygar wrote:this also tells us, why XRebith will be a flop
New game engine; new script engine. No surprise there.

Maybe the new script engine will be better than MCSI. There is no way to know until it exists.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”