(AP) Sector trader idling in Weavers Tempest ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AL'42
x3tc

(AP) Sector trader idling in Weavers Tempest ?

Post by AL'42 » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 16:20

I have a small closed complex in Weavers producing spacefuel, ore, energy to supply to the IBL fabs.

I thought one sector trader would do the job of distributing the wares around the sector but the trader does 1 trade and then idles indefinitely. Got prices set below average, trade with everyone, intermediate buy and sell, cash in complex ….

If I homebase the trader to the complex and sell for best price then everything works as expected. And if I send the trader to Venus, he’s busy as hell buying and selling wares from the NPC stations as a sector trader.

Anyone know why my setup doesn't work ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 17:35

Obvious question but are the IBL Forges offering a good profit (ie need the resources and are keen to buy)?

Have you checked friend/foe settings on the trader and complex and the trading settings on the complex?

After that first successful trade, is the ST empty or does it still have a load aboard because it got pipped to the sale by an NPC trader?

Are your intermediates (Energy and Ore maybe) on such levels that the trader is barred from selling them because the complex keeps temporarily depleting them for use in production?

Lastly, consider transferring in a more senior Mk 3 pilot.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 17:59

CLS works great there, since you have very specific products to sell to very specific factories.

I described how to set it up in a previous Yaki trading thread a couple days ago.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#3829365

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”