ATF REP from Argon War Start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Looney
x3tc

ATF REP from Argon War Start

Post by Looney » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 17:53

Can i get confirmation, as i do not really want to start all over again unless i have too:

Is there no way to REPAIR the ATF rep from the main Argon war start?
My Rep with atf is unchanged from the start, and i have not started the War msisions yet. Even though there has been mention of certain ATF docks, one would imagine you would never be able to dock at them with such a poor rep(Known AGI whatever- as main rep start)? Are these off limit from this Game start?
Any help would help me avoid a whole wate of time.
Thanks,
Loons
:shock:

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 18:16

I'm fairly sure that the base rep. (which is -1) is high enough to dock at said stations.

Edit 1: I will try to verify this now. Check back in about fifteen minutes.

Edit 2: I was wrong. The base ATF rep. for Argon Peacekeeper is "ATF Known AGI Sympathiser" (-3) and the stations in Althes and Segaris won't let you dock.
Last edited by J-M v2.5.5 on Sat, 3. Mar 12, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

Keel Verezy
x3tc

Post by Keel Verezy » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 18:23

The only way I've found to increase ATF faction is buy (lots of) ship upgrades from their stations in Althes and Segaris. I haven't checked the limits of ATF docking permissions but if it is the same as the rest of the game then you need -1 rank to dock at either of those stations (suspect programmer I think?).

Again, not something I've tried, but in theory I suppose you could use the hub to link those sectors to pirate sectors and wait for an offer to hack one of them. Then you would just need to jam some stock ships in there before they wised up and went hostile again.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 18:24

You will just need to buy some cargo expansions or whatever to the point that they start trading with you all wares and you can power up the CLS selling/buying trick.

ninjad
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 18:29

J-M v2.5.5 wrote:I'm fairly sure that the base rep. (which is -1) is high enough to dock at said stations.

Starting ATF rep is -3.
Looney wrote:Is there no way to REPAIR the ATF rep from the main Argon war start?
No.
Keel Verezy wrote:Again, not something I've tried, but in theory I suppose you could use the hub to link those sectors to pirate sectors and wait for an offer to hack one of them. Then you would just need to jam some stock ships in there before they wised up and went hostile again.
There are Pirate bases in Aldrin space but that doesn't help as hacking only removes hostility, not gets docking rights.

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 18:46

wRAR wrote:
J-M v2.5.5 wrote:I'm fairly sure that the base rep. (which is -1) is high enough to dock at said stations.

Starting ATF rep is -3.
Yeah, I just finished trying to find that out :P
See the edit.

The starting ATF rep. for Argon Patriot is "ATF Suspect Programmer" (-1) though, and I'm fairly sure that gamestart has all the plots. And you can dock at the stations at rank -1.

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 19:12

THANKS FOR THIS LADS!

The other argon start you mention has all the plot?
Might be worth giving that a go, Although it will break my heart to loose all the progress i have currently made.
Thanks again,
Loons :x

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”