[AP] 2.0 Hub Plot (Spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Da-V-Man
x4

[AP] 2.0 Hub Plot (Spoilers)

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 00:21

I haven't beaten the Argon War Plot yet, but currently I'm curious as to how the Hub Plot plays out. Is it similar to the TC Hub plot where you have to give them thousands of each good, or is it something different?
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 00:47

Yes and no.

You have to provide some things, yes, but it's not the sheer grind of
the old one.
Spoiler
Show
After a few simple deliveries and a small amount of Nvidium,
the workers want some bofu, wheat and stott spices
IIRC they want about 15000 each, the greedy pigs, but a single plex
will do it easily.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 01:24

That's all? That's so little, compared to what it once was. Ah well I guess that's okay since in TC one of the rewards of completing the Hub plot was
Spoiler
Show
Unlocking the PHQ plot, which is already unlocked alongside the Hub in AP.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 03:12

Honestly, the HUB plot, in TC, was annoying.

Sure, it prompted you to build a big financial and industrial empire... but that's what most people would have done eventually anyway. I dunno, while it felt good to complete, it just felt excessive (particularly those damn microchips).

At any rate, since I've done it once, I'm glad I don't have to do it again.

UltimaVirus
x3tc

Post by UltimaVirus » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 03:59

The HUB plot for AP is simple. There was one issue, however; it claimed other traders were assisting to provide materials... but they do not. Expect to gather all materials yourself. I would highly suggest using the largest Otas freighter.

funkytrousers
x3tc

Post by funkytrousers » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 06:30

In my game I took my sweet time supplying the food, and I did find that other traders picked up a little (but not much) of the slack.

I also noticed (I think) something a bit exploity about it. I'm pretty sure you can rebuy the food you sell before it goes poof and sell it again, having it count multiple times for the delivery (the poofing of the stock and the mission delivery trigger seem to be separate).

I haven't actually verified this (in my case it's possible I lost count of how much I needed), but I think it works.

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 06:54

UltimaVirus wrote:The HUB plot for AP is simple. There was one issue, however; it claimed other traders were assisting to provide materials... but they do not. Expect to gather all materials yourself. I would highly suggest using the largest Otas freighter.
On the other hand, unlike most missions of this type you don't need to be piloting the ship. You can have three or four transports flying around picking up wares while you're on the opposite side of the galaxy, having fun.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 07:06

Yeah you don't need a big freighter at all. All I used was some already leveled up CAG's with jumpdrives set to 25. Set prices to buy @max and sell @max. Therefore all they do is buy. They fill up very fast, all automated.

Ps, I did this in TC, because I refused to submit to Egosoft's retarded demand of delivering a retarded amount of materials. Without a massive complex FYI, It took 2 and a half weeks of SETA X1000% overnight.

Dear Egosoft, I would like a new powersupply fan. Thanks :P
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”