X3TC Request Script: Mine Minerals Repeat Cycle MMRC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpaceAcid

X3TC Request Script: Mine Minerals Repeat Cycle MMRC

Post by SpaceAcid » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 01:29

Hi

I am looking for an easy way for NPC's to repeat the mobile mining
process using the x3tc bonus pack >without<< constant indevidual
NPC (notify when completed) tedious supervision.

so basicly a repeatable script with a menu switch option: on/off

and a way to do that without constant intervention would be a tad less stress
on the mouse clicker & constant flooded message logs: I'm done now what?

menu options:

Orders >>Commands >>Special >>Mine Minerals >>Select Mineral >>
Select Sector >> Select Factory to unload>>>

Cycle Options Menu >>

1) Keep Factory Mineral Resource Constantly Stocked On/Off
if on = jump to menu option 2)
if off = vanilla behavior & close menu.

2) When Factory Resource is full Select an Alternate Wharehouse>>
Select HQ Warehouse>> Player HQ.

3) Repeat Cycle On/Off
if on = cycle endlessly (if you bother me again..I will kill you.)
if off = only once.

The Big Difference of having this Script-Vs-Without

Lets say you want a particular group of mobile minors only mining Silicon/Ore/Ice/Nividium resources
for your factorys -to help from NPC competative trading prices fouling up your proffitss margins.

endlessly repeating the process to keep your factory resource stocks full without your own mobile minor
concerned with any prices effectively eliminating the mineral resource trading madness without cheating.

Basicly the way the game is now unless you are willing to unneccesarily lose money..

"you can specify at which price other factorys and their transporters can
buy your product.. if your price is competative it is likely other factorys
and stations will choose your factory"

meaning breakdown:

unless you sell below production cost in most cases race traders won't grace you with their presence by
keeping your resources stocked ..they will float on by looking for the oppertunity to screw some other
race out of money, & time. even your own universal sector traders are programed the same way so thinking
the smart way is clear..why pay for primary resources that are reQuired to keep your factorys working
& producing the end product profits when you don't have to? = 100% Profit & time saved.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 05:56

Not sure what you're trying to do, but you can do all of that with CLS pilots and good CAGs.

Have your CLS pilots collect ore from the miners directly, then dump it in a TL. Have another CLS pilot pick up ore from the TL and supply your stations with it. Or, you can just have the CLS pilot dump the ore in your station/factory and set up a CAG to sell it at whatever inventory level you want. There are other ways to accomplish keeping the station fed using CLS/CAG. That's why those scripts are in the Bonus Pack to begin with.

Let the miners mine, use CLS pilots with transporter beams to load up the mined ores, deliver them to a TL for storage and have another CLS or two pick up the ore from the TL and do whatever you want them to do with it. That way, your miners never stop mining, your first CLS pilot always keeps them empty and your second CLS pilot only works when there is work to do...

SpaceAcid

Post by SpaceAcid » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 18:56

thanks mork,

what I am really after is a way to minimize the entire hassle process of
mobile mining by eliminating the need for any of that unneccesary micro
management simply by looping the minors with the pre specified task.

this topic was mistakenly posted in the wrong place and has since been relocated here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... fa97ee6be3

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 06:13

SpaceAcid wrote:thanks mork,

what I am really after is a way to minimize the entire hassle process of
mobile mining by eliminating the need for any of that unneccesary micro
management simply by looping the minors with the pre specified task....
But... That's why it's a game. :D

In other words, your miners can do a great deal, but they can't do what other, more advanced, game assets can do. So, advanced game assets, like good CLS pilots, are desirable and the player realizes the value of them when obtained. The same goes for Equipment Docks, TLs working as storage points, CAGs, etc..

If any old TS with a few credits of software could perform the tasks usually delegated to advanced units or make them redundant, what would be the motivation for the player to acquire those units?

Sure, a mod could easily do it. But, there's a vanilla way to take care of the issue that's actually part of the gameplay. (Yeah, I know, I'm being pedantic. :D But, the point is that while a script would be fine and wonderful to automate miners, it sort of breaks a portion of the value of other game mechanics.)

* Note - Anyone is free to mod their game how they see fit, as long as they don't touch the .exe. I have no issue with that. It's just that I don't see the miner's inability to perform certain functions as something I would want to mod in my game, since there are already vanilla mechanics that would take care of that.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 07:42

The thing is that everyone places different values on different game mechanics.

Some people like how you can take a basic function like mobile mining, then expand upon it with advanced functions like CLS to create very powerful economic tools. They like that sense of progression and the satisfaction of effective micromanagement. Their enjoyment of that element of the game gives it value, so it's something those players don't want to lose.

Other people don't like all of that micromanagement, so if it's taken away then *ahem* nothing of value is lost.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 08:23

KloHunt3r wrote:The thing is that everyone places different values on different game mechanics.

Some people like how you can take a basic function like mobile mining, then expand upon it with advanced functions like CLS to create very powerful economic tools. They like that sense of progression and the satisfaction of effective micromanagement. Their enjoyment of that element of the game gives it value, so it's something those players don't want to lose.

Other people don't like all of that micromanagement, so if it's taken away then *ahem* nothing of value is lost.
That's true.
Even in the case of Reunion vs TC....
Some of us liked the hard-graft to get a sense of achievement and feel that TC has taken away some of the best aspects of Reunion.
For others,TC was god-send ,because they no longer have to work hard to get anything...even the Hub will more or less complete itself with just one Station based Trader on "buy for best price... ",given enough time.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 14:17

Mobile Mining and CLS only require micromanagement to set up though. Once done you can just let the pilots do their jobs and reap the benefits. Granted, setting it up can feel like a royal pain in the bastu, but once it's set, fire and forget.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”