Hyperion vanguard in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Naroku
x3tc

Hyperion vanguard in AP

Post by Naroku » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 23:01

I been all over the paranid space and have yet to see one. Would like to try and cap one so I can ride around in style. Also it would be my first cap in years.
If there is a close second to it please let me know. Kinda wanted to try and grab station transport ships. IS eight marines and a m6 enough?
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 23:04

Trust me, they are there. I'd recommend installing advanced satellites so you can check for them OOS.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 23:20

I have begun the slow process of getting sats in place. Eight marines i have with several in training. Slowly collecting the good fighters. I am curious if it good to try and cap freighters to gain fighting rank.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 23:21

In my personal opinion you're better launching them from a Sirokos which can mount boarding pods.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 23:27

Yea, it time for an upgrade then. Figure at some point some race going to get pissed if I borrow to much. But thinking the hyperion will be worth it.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 00:10

I always have both Agamemnon and Hyperion Vanguard in Duke's Citadel.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 00:54

I found two. One patrolling south of Paranod Prime, and one patrolling south of Moo-Kye's Revenge. I stalked them for days and they always patrolled the same group of sectors. I was hoping they would leave Paranid space but theey never did.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 02:16

I nailed it in a border paranid sector, the rep loss was bad but nothing a few missions cannot take care of.
I used a nemesis to board it, had to reload a few times he blew himself up with missiles.

You could always finish the Posioned Paranid start mission to get it.
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 07:35

Poisoned Paranid gets a Hyperion from the start mission chain? Wow, sweet...

Well, at any rate, I've seen one so far in AP - pity I don't have my Cobra yet. Trying to spacewalk board fast corvettes like the Hyperion is a pain - not worth it. Especially since the damned thing starts shooting my marines en route >.>

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 08:35

if its anything like my game camp out in Friars Retreat, i found a small patrol of 1 Aggy, 1 Hype, 1 Nemesis.

Ranka-Lee
x3tc

Post by Ranka-Lee » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 09:08

I was hanging around my favorite sector Empire's Edge and noticed a Hyperion in it heading to Savage Spur. Followed it for a bit as it went into Yaki Sector.. Looks really cool looking as it was the first time I seen one!

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 13:43

Terrachova wrote: Well, at any rate, I've seen one so far in AP - pity I don't have my Cobra yet. Trying to spacewalk board fast corvettes like the Hyperion is a pain - not worth it. Especially since the damned thing starts shooting my marines en route >.>
you do not need cobra to board a corvette in AP, boarding has been improved a lot, both remote controlling TP and even just personally throwing them out of the airlock (I boarded my Hype with 8 bad marines from my Springy)

gecos
x3tc

Post by gecos » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 18:49

In my game the best sector for capping the Hyperion is Unholy Descent. Gates are far far away from prying eyes, there's no police and most of the time the Hyperion is cruising by itself.
There are always 2 doing rounds from Cardinal's Domain to Unholy Descent. Put advanced sattelites in all 9 sectors around there and check from time to time. When finding one, save it on the left or right monitor so that you can track it. Same for the second one. Then just wait for it to get to a border paranid sector where there's no other military ship around and cap it.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 18:57

An easy way to stalk one once you find it is to add it to one of your monitors. It will always show until it dies, and clicking on info will tell you where it is. (that was how I stalked the two I was talking about. I eventually just took one of them in Paranid Space, and there was barely any response from the police.)

It was really easy to do. Just load 5 hornet missiles, get right above it as close as you can (it has no turrets above or below to destroy missiles), launch the 5 missiles, launch marines, shoot it with light guns to keep the shields down while your marines get inside, then jump in sector away from the ship and approach it (this part is because it is a pretty strong and fast ship so it could kill you if you don't). Paranid ships are pretty easy to board, so even crappy marines will likely succeed.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 19:18

How many NPC Hyperions exist simultaneously in the world?

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 19:21

wRAR wrote:How many NPC Hyperions exist simultaneously in the world?
I think there are 2 of them flying (and 2 Agammemnon).
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 19:22

I know I had two at the same time in mine. I don't know if there is a set number though. One patrolled in the circle from Empires Edge to Trinity Sanctum, and the other patrolled between Sacred Relic and Unseen Domain.

chibajoe
x3tc

Post by chibajoe » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 19:25

Always two there are...

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 00:55

kinda wonder if my game killed them off. If i do find it got 8 marines ready. If i wait much longer it will be 8 marines with 2 five stars that have over 75 fighting in them. and four stars in every thing else. Does capping transports seem plausable to get there fighting up. I will try to get a big m7 or a m1 or 2 soon if i can get the jest of it from this hyperion heist. Would rob the Yaki but trying to be homies with them is a pain.

gecos
x3tc

Post by gecos » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 14:08

pulzarokkit wrote:
wRAR wrote:How many NPC Hyperions exist simultaneously in the world?
I think there are 2 of them flying (and 2 Agammemnon).
That's right, and they seem to re-spawn in less than a game day also after capping.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”