ufo in tc?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

p00fer
x4

ufo in tc?

Post by p00fer » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:47

so i was congratulating myself on gettin up a complex hub and a warhead fac when all of a sudden whoosh...a flying saucer id'd as unidentified flying object, the bugger flew at 300 m/s, was no match with my 147...or so it thought....this ship was un-scanable and info only said ufo.. so got pissed off at its mockery and jumped in from of it..bam spam wasps...could clearly hear a man's scream as it went down

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:48

Pre-empting any forum member posts: There is no UFO base.

Now that that's out of the way, this is an Easter Egg in the game, a remnant from X3:Reunion ^_^ It has no purpose, just enjoy it as a whimsical anomaly in your game that you may run into once in a while.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:54

was mildly aware that it was an easter egg, just wanted to share the finding and satisfaction of killin it :)

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:55

Ah, it'll respawn.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:58

sadron wrote:Pre-empting any forum member posts: There is no UFO base...
Of course not! Because, that's exactly what they want you to think!

it's secret..

Actually, the UFO can serve a good purpose, besides the secret UFO base, of course - Ordering a scout to follow it as it travels around the galaxy is an easy way to map the galaxy. It's not like it's going to dock anywhere. Well, except the secret UFO base, that is. I mean, the nonexistent secret UFO base.. Uh, the one that doesn't exist. Seriously..

They're always watching me, can't say any more or they'll do the chopstick thing to me again...

alr
x3ap

Post by alr » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 05:58

EDIT: Ninja'd

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 06:51

on another note...my hydra is amazing!....it stood in the face of 3 Q,s lasting long enough to take 1 down and bring a second one to its knees before a slight manouver mistake cost me everything....

tho i shld mention it cost me around 1 mill worth of missiles just for the first q heheheh

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 07:50

sadron wrote:Now that that's out of the way, this is an Easter Egg in the game, a remnant from X3:Reunion ^_^ It has no purpose, just enjoy it as a whimsical anomaly in your game that you may run into once in a while.
Actually the UFO was around in X2.

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 08:26

Actually UFO's have been around since the Roswell, New Mexico crash. Actually before that!

Also I don't believe you, UFO's don't exist. Neither do these silly Boron, Paranid, Split, and Teladi aliens I keep hearing about. None of them in my game... :wink:

Science

Post by Science » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 08:36

First time I saw it I tried to cap it, a quick boost to Tormented Teladi start ended up being a goose chase.

Maskelyne
x3tc

Post by Maskelyne » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 09:03

I used the cheat scripts to cap it and found its default command quite interesting. It was set to "preach," whatever the hell that means. I assume the devs gave it the same command as Goner ships to make sure it just flew around and never actually did anything.
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 08:51

I hope they are explained in X: Rebirth.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 08:54

EternalSpace wrote:I hope they are explained in X: Rebirth.
Unlikely, considering they've been in at least the last 4 X games and no explanation has been forthcoming yet!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 18:32

Maskelyne wrote:It was set to "preach," whatever the hell that means. I assume the devs gave it the same command as Goner ships to make sure it just flew around and never actually did anything.
The brethren [Goners] do take offense on destruction of every UFO. In the earlier games that was a Very Inconvenient Thing™.

Although my Goner path slightly deviates from the regular Goner method of preaching, I'm always obliged to retaliate for free and with maximal unnecessary force against every disturber of the UFO pilots.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 18:43

jlehtone wrote:
Maskelyne wrote:It was set to "preach," whatever the hell that means. I assume the devs gave it the same command as Goner ships to make sure it just flew around and never actually did anything.
The brethren [Goners] do take offense on destruction of every UFO. In the earlier games that was a Very Inconvenient Thing™.

Although my Goner path slightly deviates from the regular Goner method of preaching, I'm always obliged to retaliate for free and with maximal unnecessary force against every disturber of the UFO pilots.
noticed that the goners indeed took it into offense that i took out the ufo since my rep dropped down...

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 08:03

The Goners probably believe that they are the creators of all life in the universe or perhaps that they created the jumpgates.

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 09:13

I believe there is a mention somewhere of an alien race (Sheron or something) whose ships all have cloaking devices, maybe the UFOs could be theirs?

alr
x3ap

Post by alr » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 10:21

That was the Sohnan, and it aint one of theirs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”