[AP] UFJD and special ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bof111

[AP] UFJD and special ships

Post by bof111 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 20:46

Hi again me. :P

I was wandering about something. I remeber Bernd or CBJ talking that in 2.0 the UFJD sectors would get some new goodies in it, a part from the Aran. So what are they ? Is there something new that can spawn there or when you get the Aran are those sectors like before : useless ?

And another thing, the special ships (enhanced, prototype, advanced) are they all still in vanilla ? Because i was reading about this in the forums and i saw that the free ships are now random with a big chance to be kha'ak. So you can't count on the free ships to get them. The corporation missions where deleted so you can't get them there too... So where can we get them ? Do they fly under cover of "weapon dealers" or whatever ?
For example the susanowa prototype is still in or not ? What about the others ?

Thanks.

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 20:57

The enhanced, prototypes, and advanced ships should all (or mostly) be in. While you might not be able to buy them, keep an eye out for those high-Tech Traders, they usually fly those versions if I recall. Though, its likely that not all are in.

As for the other goodies... I haven't found anything yet, but I'm still searching.

Also, the derelict ships - I've used the script briefly to find all of them, and all of them are Kha'ak ships. Though, the Corvette is the only one guaranteed to be in every game I believe.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 20:57

I haven't seen any special ships there, not even the Ranger (although I stopped looking after ~50 jump). But, UFJD now has the ultimate goodies of all
Spoiler
Show
Tuning crates
I am mining them right now with a combination of a modified detection script from EmperorJon and AutoHotkey script.
If somebody found ships there other than Aran, please post :)

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 21:09

There are tunings out there? Are they hidden in the asteroids or something?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 21:14

Terrachova wrote:There are tunings out there? Are they hidden in the asteroids or something?
The same thing as with regular crates in Pirate sectors - you need to map sector and cover it with Advanced Satellites to find anything. The farthest I found from the center had one of the coordinates at 193000. And chances are pretty low (per Ketrar, about 3%). Good thing is that the detection script still works.

bof111

Post by bof111 » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 23:58

Huh thanks, i remember Roguey's did a list of special ships under names such as High tech and weapon dealers, but i can't find it anymore. (should make a copy on hard drive. :cry: )
A lot of those ships fly around yes but some where or plot related or in the old list of abandonned ships.
If i remember well it was the : Susanowa Prototype, Adv Perseus, Medusa prototype, Enhanced Kea... Maybe Skate prototype... There was as well a Chimera and a Mamba too... Well that's quite many so any idea how to get them all together ? A mean is it possible in the same vanilla game ?
Ho yea and what about ships like Milan Vanguard or Iguana Vanguard ? There where not buyable but only sitting as abandon ships. Did they transfered them in shipyards for buying ? (would be logical but you never know. :P )

For the tuning crates that's a really ultimate goodies indeed. :wink: But why using advsat ? Anyway as i remember in X3:R thoses crates are invisible until you get under 500m of them.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 00:03

bof111 wrote: For the tuning crates that's a really ultimate goodies indeed. :wink: But why using advsat ? Anyway as i remember in X3:R thoses crates are invisible until you get under 500m of them.
In AP Engine crates are visible as regular crates while rudder crates are invisible until you drop an advanced satellite in range. You can even go to the exact coordinates - doesn't seem matter.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”