Xenon invasion AP 2.0

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Xenon invasion AP 2.0

Post by Free Trade Inn » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 21:15

It just never ends :(
Is this gona be fixed any time soon?

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 21:17

not likely.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:31

What so I have to quit the mission if I want to continue the game normaly?

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:50

What mission are you speaking of?

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:50

Maybe he is doing some patrol mission where the Xenon are having a tea party, probably Grand Exchange or something.
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:54

What xenon invasion are you talking about ?

If it’s a sector patrol mission, normally these end when every xenon has been killed, and sometimes not, I’ll just leave the sector if it goes on too long with nothing happening, come back later, mission always ends on entering sector again.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:56

Maybe he is doing some patrol mission where the Xenon are having a tea party, probably Grand Exchange or something.
Tea party! More like a banquet, but very correct. Sorry if I was not clear. They used to be known as Xenon invasion missions.

Tea party <still grinning at that>

FTI
FTI

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:20

I cant see this as intended so is it gonna get fixed?
Also as people have observed, the RRF has been over nerfed to almost non existance and I regularly get a Teladi military ship just hanging around south of G.E. shipyard just doing next to nothing. Sometimes even skinning out when I get a J to follow me into its gun arcs.
WGO?

FTI
FTI

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:23

Catra wrote:not likely.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 16:06

Can anybody confirm that these missions are compleateable?
I remember reading that someone just stuck with it and eventualy the mission ended.
I also remember reading that it had something to do with ships spawning for the mission then doing off to other sectors.
What is the crack?

FTI
FTI

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 16:15

i have finished xenon invasion missions post 2.0 patch so I guess your problem is a random bug, or a really huge Xenon migration :)

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 16:40

I’m not seeing the problem here.

Is it that you clear Grand Exchange of xenon and then a few hours later they’re back in force again? or are you doing a never ending sector patrol mission ?

If you want the sector cleared permanently do as in TC, park an M2 (10G shields, full loadout) with 60 M3 Falcon Haulers (200M, 4x Hept) on protect ship up at the north gate.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 17:40

The Xenon in Grand Exchange are probably just Xenon Patrols from the Xenon Sector in the North, they have nothing to do with Xenon Invasions or Missions. They are Job ships like any other Military patrol, difference is now after 2.0 that the Xenon actually go out their own sectors as they should.

MFg

Ketraar

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 19:47

so was the scripts changed for the Xenon Patrols in 2.0?

i know i used to always have a ton of ships pouring into Grand Exchange, BHS, and Scale Plate Green but they never seemed to leave those sectors, from what i have seen they either got wiped out by RRF M8's or flew back to the sector they came from... but now they are patrolling outwith...

in the past few days ive seen Xenon patrols in Aladna Hill, Segaris, Eighteen Billion, Midnight Star and Nyana's Hideout (was tempted to see if the last one here entered the warzone but decided to jump it since their were 3 Xenon L's in the formation)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 19:59

ConCorDian wrote:so was the scripts changed for the Xenon Patrols in 2.0?
Something was definitely changed, consider that we get I patrols now. I have more Xenons as well. Well, with Kha'aks gone this should do :) Otherwise it would be too boring. There should be a reason for those ancients or whatstheirname to shut down the gate system, right?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 20:03

ConCorDian wrote:so was the scripts changed for the Xenon Patrols in 2.0?

i know i used to always have a ton of ships pouring into Grand Exchange, BHS, and Scale Plate Green but they never seemed to leave those sectors, from what i have seen they either got wiped out by RRF M8's or flew back to the sector they came from... but now they are patrolling outwith...

in the past few days ive seen Xenon patrols in Aladna Hill, Segaris, Eighteen Billion, Midnight Star and Nyana's Hideout (was tempted to see if the last one here entered the warzone but decided to jump it since their were 3 Xenon L's in the formation)
I believe you know it already, but I guess that the patrol script may have been changed, and the Xenon are now more aggressive. Ego probably intended to counter that with the RRF, but, the bug in the RRF script in 2.0 make the RRF defense ineffective. IMHO, Ego should provide a hot-fix for the RRF in order to make the game playable. In my game, most sectors bordering Xenon sectors are infested with Xenon cap ships.

Please see the RRF 2.0 thread for details

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 20:19

i suppose when you think about it. i just dont reember anything about it on the change log.

im dreading any more updates if they keep this up... im trying to play a game where i use minimal M1/M2 as well as M7M/M8's, so the bulk of my fleet is getting made up with Tigers, Cerberus, Astraeus, Griffon and Panthers. obviously im using M6 and fighters too but in terms of capitals im trying to restrict myself. if they increase the Xenon much more ill need to rethink that policy!! if they do my standard patrol will need to look like:

1 Megalodon
2 Titan
1 Panther
2 Tiger
2 Cerberus
4 Auster
+ M6/3/4 support

i had my Pirate Patrol destroyed last night in an OOS engagement in Grand Exchange and it had:

1 Brigantine
1 Galleon
3 Carrack
4 Centaur
5 Notus
10 Nova R
10 Enhanced Elite

dont know what they came up against but i only left with my Brigantine and Galleon (both heavily damaged!!)

UltimaVirus
x3tc

Post by UltimaVirus » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 02:49

I've got Xenon flooding the same sectors. They are reaching Wastelands at this point. It happened after the HUB plot. I'm assuming messing around with the HUB might have triggered something. I've lost my satellites in the area but it's clear they are still swarming around.

I'm going to have to do something about it sometime soon.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 12:07

Can you no longer just leave the sector and let the mission complete itself,like you could in TC?

Also,what's wrong with using the "abandon mission" choice in the mission log?
I do this when missions get stupid.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 15:20

Can you no longer just leave the sector and let the mission complete itself,like you could in TC?
No its mission aborted :(

Also,what's wrong with using the "abandon mission" choice in the mission log?
The kills bounty is now massive.

FTI
FTI

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”