[AP] How to get Terran Capital weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

martimus
x4

[AP] How to get Terran Capital weapons

Post by martimus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:39

SO far I have boarded an Odin, a Tokyo, and an Osaka, and none of them had a single capital weapon once boarding was complete. I don't mind having to board a bunch of ships to get the components, but I am starting to wonder if PSPs just don't drop at all. Am I just unlucky, or are capital weapon drops from the Terrans pretty rare (or non-exsistant)?

I guess I am asking for suggestions on how to get some PSP's and maybe some Starburst Cannons (or some other anti-fighter weapons) that I can fit onto the Tokyo, and hopefully future Kyoto's (the one I tried to board had Hull Polarization and I couldn't get through the hull).

I could destroy Terran stations and wait for TLs with stations, but I think Terran stations require special terran supplies (ice) that I can't get. I think I am SOL on befriending them, since I have killed so many of them, and of course that Kyoto since I couldn't board it. I don't really want to befriend them anyway, since they now give me someone to fight that provides more challenge than the Xenon or Pirates.

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:49

Save when you hear that your marines are hacking the ship's computer. Reload until you get the loot you want. Lame but effective.

Regarding terran stations, Ice is an NPC only resource as far as I know, so you don't need to worry about it.
Last edited by Spero on Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Sylthos
x3tc

Post by Sylthos » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:51

What's your fight rank?

The higher it is, the better your drops.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:55

Sylthos wrote:What's your fight rank?

The higher it is, the better your drops.
I am currently a Warlord.

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:57

Sylthos wrote:The higher it is, the better your drops.
Myth.

Sylthos
x3tc

Post by Sylthos » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:03

I would rather think that GOD doesn't think I worthy, than to think that Lady Luck has abandoned me. :D

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:04

I had n=8 x PSP's drop from Killing Xenon in Sector 101 last night... Killed a J (Destroyer?)....

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:32

TheZapper wrote:I had n=8 x PSP's drop from Killing Xenon in Sector 101 last night... Killed a J (Destroyer?)....
Really? I happen to have a J in the hub sector that I have ignored. Maybe I will kill him and see what he drops.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:38

best way to get guns of any race (can be used on xenon aswell as they can drop both terran and cw guns) jump to their sector in an M7m obliterate everything in a couple of minutes collect the loot (if any) - repeat as needed

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:43

my J's had never dropped any PSP but the K and I do. in my game, there are always a bunch of them at the east gate of XS627...

and that fight rank thing is not a myth. unless you get a decent rank, all you get is some missiles...

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:45

I have a Terran weapons complex in Pluto.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 22:54

sadron wrote:I have a Terran weapons complex in Pluto.
Cool. How would I get the factories with -4 standings though? If I connected to a ship yard via HUB and hacked it, would they sell me the stations? Is there anyway to make them build new ones that I could then steal the TL that is dropping it?

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 23:01

Only way i can see you repairing that rep is by killing Argon forces in warzones... though I don't know if that will work.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 23:03

Jumee wrote:best way to get guns of any race (can be used on xenon aswell as they can drop both terran and cw guns) jump to their sector in an M7m obliterate everything in a couple of minutes collect the loot (if any) - repeat as needed
As I understand it, installed weapons won't be dropped, so to get PSPs, you'll need to either take ships out beyond maximum range or close in (so shorter range weapons are installed). The above should therefore work, but also getting up close and dirty. :D
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 23:06

Rapier wrote:
Jumee wrote:best way to get guns of any race (can be used on xenon aswell as they can drop both terran and cw guns) jump to their sector in an M7m obliterate everything in a couple of minutes collect the loot (if any) - repeat as needed
As I understand it, installed weapons won't be dropped, so to get PSPs, you'll need to either take ships out beyond maximum range or close in (so shorter range weapons are installed). The above should therefore work, but also getting up close and dirty. :D
nuke them from the distance why would you get point blank in an M7m anyway? :P but getting close and personal is viable too

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 23:11

Jumee wrote:
Rapier wrote:
nuke them from the distance why would you get point blank in an M7m anyway? :P but getting close and personal is viable too
Maybe this is why my drops have sucked lately. I now stay just outside gun range while boarding, so I can quickly get my marines back afterward. Now maybe I will burn out to 20km or so. (My Cobra is overtuned to run 122 m/s, so it is faster than all M1's and M2's.)

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 12:43

martimus wrote:
Cool. How would I get the factories with -4 standings though?
You can always just raise the rep.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 15:41

wRAR wrote:
martimus wrote:
Cool. How would I get the factories with -4 standings though?
You can always just raise the rep.
I guess I am asking for sugestions for how to get the weapons. I would prefer to keep relations low with the Terrans, because I enjoy attacking them (they have some nice ships and missiles, and I don't feel like I am invincible fighting them as much as other races). That said, how would I increase my rep with them? I can't dock at any stations, and none of their ships will talk to me since I have a very low ranking with them. I think I heard that killing Xenon in their territory would help, so I could try that. Of course, when I go into their territory, I get shot at, so it will be hard to kill Xenon and not kill the Terrans who are trying to kill me (They have some quick ships, although the Springblossoms have LOL damage, so I ignore them shooting at me.)

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 15:54

highflier wrote:my J's had never dropped any PSP but the K and I do. in my game, there are always a bunch of them at the east gate of XS627...
Really? I never realised the Xenon could be fitted with Terran weapons. I've got a Kyoto with only nine guns at the moment, so it looks like it's time to go on a toaster hunt.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Sarthor

Post by Sarthor » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 16:40

If you can get to non-hostile rep then you can just set a wing of M3's or better to defend position close to each of the pirate bases in the Terran sectors (I think there are 5). Each time they wipe out a pirate fighter spawn you'll get a 0-2% rep increase. Takes a while but you can just park them and let the rep gradually improve while you are off doing other stuff.

I stuck a satellite outside of the Terran Xenon sector but never did see any Xenon enter Terran space and I couldn't get then to chase me through the gate either.

One way of getting non-KoS with the Terrans is to set up a couple of laser towers close to one of the pirate bases, fly far enough away so no ships will ever see you and just leave SETA activated overnight.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”