Xenons not invading via hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reliku
x4

Xenons not invading via hub

Post by Reliku » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 01:18

So being an enemy of the evil Terran empire, and wanting punish them for disallowing AGI, I opened up a set of gates from Neptune to Althes, and another set to core 23 and the one to its west gate. The problem is, while the Xenons are all too happy to come into the hub and exit the hub to their own Xenon sectors, they wont go into the evil Terran empire. For 10 real hours I have ran this, so much more if i factor in seta, and nothing. Sure they keep the hub clean of terrans, but all I am able to do is turn the hub into a terran roach motel, and unfortunately, it is more like an Aldrin roach motel then Terran. What do I have to do to get the two evil empires to fight??? :evil:

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 01:21

for some reason xenon doesnt seem to be very hostile against terrans anymore. ever sat at the east gate in segaris? right... not a single xenon comes through.

leaves plenty of speculations....

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 02:29

To terraform the Commonwealth is a more efficient use of time and material since their economy is much better.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 08:38

From a technical standpoint, ships will only come out of Xenon space if they were going to anyway, unless you somehow make their route to that destination shorter through another part of space. Most, if not all, of them are spawned with known destinations; they don't "wander," so all you're doing is adding a jump to their route. I'm pretty sure only the commonwealth races have dynamic patrols based on recon sightings, but that seems to have been traded a bit in favor of RRF.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 11:51

Yes,I noticed the Xenon-Terran migration route does seem to be dormant now.
Just thought I had not been in sector long enough.

But I guess if you scripted a connection north from Twisted skies to the (former ANH) sector, then you would get xenon pouring through from Bluish Snout, as happened in TC beta testing with the ANH plot.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 14:40

OOZ662 wrote:From a technical standpoint, ships will only come out of Xenon space if they were going to anyway, unless you somehow make their route to that destination shorter through another part of space. Most, if not all, of them are spawned with known destinations; they don't "wander," so all you're doing is adding a jump to their route.
^This

So, if you want to make Xenons pass through certain sectors you have to trigger a Xenon migration and then configure the hub to make passing through terrans the shorter route.

For example, I remember from TC that cleaning up one of the Xenon sectors on the left triggered a Xenon migration from Xenon 101 (or the sector south of Nopileus). Don't have the AP map on hand, but if you connect the east gate of Nopieleus and then one of the new terran sectors south of Neptune, that could make might be a shorter route to Xenon Core

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”