[ap]goners

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord0bsidian
x3ap

[ap]goners

Post by Lord0bsidian » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 13:10

do they ever give out missions or is the rep stuck at whatever it is when you start?

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 13:11

I have done a few missions for the goners and incerased my rank by at least 3 so yeah they give you missions.
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

wRAR
x3tc

Re: [ap]goners

Post by wRAR » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 13:18

Lord0bsidian wrote:do they ever give out missions or is the rep stuck at whatever it is when you start?
Why should you care?

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 13:28

wRAR wrote:
Lord0bsidian wrote:do they ever give out missions or is the rep stuck at whatever it is when you start?
Why should you care?
Because some of us are true believers and others wander through life aimlessly.

OP: There should be a SPP in Harmony of Perpetuity offering missions, some from Goner representatives, by this way you can reach Holy Protector of the Goners and salvation.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 15:33

wRAR wrote:
Why should you care?
I would like to increase my Goner rep at least to steal a Ozias, since they are rumored to dock a M6. It might be of some use, plus it is the fastest TL in the game (IIRC)

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 16:11

AL'42 wrote:
wRAR wrote:
Why should you care?
Because some of us are true believers and others wander through life aimlessly.
Oh my.
AL'42 wrote:OP: There should be a SPP in Harmony of Perpetuity offering missions, some from Goner representatives, by this way you can reach Holy Protector of the Goners and salvation.
It should be there only first several hours of the game.
There are always Terran ships in the Elysium of Light though.
martimus wrote:I would like to increase my Goner rep at least to steal a Ozias
I didn't see the Ozias in AP. And I don't think they are boardable anyway.
martimus wrote:since they are rumored to dock a M6.
I'm not sure if it's true.
martimus wrote: It might be of some use, plus it is the fastest TL in the game (IIRC)
Of course no.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 16:43

wRAR wrote:
AL'42 wrote:OP: There should be a SPP in Harmony of Perpetuity offering missions, some from Goner representatives, by this way you can reach Holy Protector of the Goners and salvation.
There are always Terran ships in the Elysium of Light though
10 game days, SPP is still in Harmony of Perpetuity, why should it disappear anyhow ?

Are Terrans enemies of the Goners ? News to me.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 16:47

It dissapeared from my game pretty fast, probably because it was making zero profitsss because of the war in nearby sectors.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 16:51

AL'42 wrote:10 game days, SPP is still in Harmony of Perpetuity, why should it disappear anyhow ?
GoD will delete it because it is unused.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 18:59

pulzarokkit wrote:I have done a few missions for the goners and incerased my rank by at least 3 so yeah they give you missions.
Do they give missions in the war zone sector with the gone temple? Or only in another one? Because I wasn't able to find a single mission and I also wouldn't mind fixing Goner rep (before somebody asks, there is no practical reason for doing this).

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 19:12

AL'42 wrote:
wRAR wrote:
There are always Terran ships in the Elysium of Light though
10 game days, SPP is still in Harmony of Perpetuity, why should it disappear anyhow ?

Are Terrans enemies of the Goners ? News to me.
The SPP had gone by the time I got there, there was (and is) a Rimes Factory there.
The Goners offer things like Jump Drives, Salvage Insurance and... Argon Police Licences... :fg:
Your starting Rep as a Terran is Sceptic, so some massage is required to get these items.
I've actually slipped to Agnostic due to trying to cross Elysium of Light without switching my turrets off. :shock:
I've only seen one mission offered by a Goner in Harmony - a Station Defence IIRC which I didn't accept due to the combat element.
I did take a build station from a Split, who seem to regard the sector as Pirate Space and are constantly offering scan ship missions.
They don't buy Weed from my 'Plex in Harmony so I set up a Hyabusa with JD trading Wheat and Rimes between Harmony and Aldrin, this is a slow grind though.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 19:24

kurush wrote:
pulzarokkit wrote:I have done a few missions for the goners and incerased my rank by at least 3 so yeah they give you missions.
Do they give missions in the war zone sector with the gone temple? Or only in another one? Because I wasn't able to find a single mission and I also wouldn't mind fixing Goner rep (before somebody asks, there is no practical reason for doing this).
All the missions i picked up in Harmony of Perpetuity in their only left station the wheat farm, missions in war sectors are rare and i'm too lazy to jump around to catch one (especially to find a goner mission)

If you are lucky you will get some build missions for them and you can multiply your sources for missions.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 19:33

Ripskar wrote:[The SPP had gone by the time I got there, there was (and is) a Rimes Factory there.
Well that’s good news then huh.

AFAIK the only way to get your Goner rep up is by taking missions in Harmony. No stations = no missions.

kurush wrote:there is no practical reason for doing this).
Too right. Some of us don’t look at the payoff every time we do something.

Lord0bsidian
x3ap

Post by Lord0bsidian » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:29

the spp is still there for me, but the only missions are from non-goners

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:42

:lol:

come back later

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:43

Lord0bsidian wrote:the spp is still there for me, but the only missions are from non-goners
Dock something on it and goners will appear eventually. It is their sector after all. In my game there is only a huge booze hub in that sector, goners probably left because of bad neighborhood :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”