[AP] new M8 from OTAS - my first trial

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Neil Depledge
x3tc

[AP] new M8 from OTAS - my first trial

Post by Neil Depledge » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 16:55

With the changes made in AP to the Tomahawk’s ‘volume’ becoming 6, the days of clearing the 2 stations in Xenon 472 in a single Viper is now a thing of the past. (The Phantom has been similarly fattened up so no more 200 phantoms aboard.) Now I think this was done to balance the impact of War Plot (? – bloody RRF).

Right, so what bombers are now available. I’ll not go thru’ the whole list as there is only one new entry: the OTAS Auster-H (s/be Austin 7 surely). This beast has a cargo bay of 1250 & 3x200 shields, needed as it is the slowest at just 104.9.

Tried one out with EB in back, 32 ammo, 30 Mosquito and 398 energy. This leaves space for 120 t’hawks or 15 x 8 missile barrages. A turbo is not optional but should be preferable depending on what gate you go in at.

Xenon 472 (in my game) has the 2 stock stations and is defended by an I, J, K, 4 Q, 2P/PX and a sh*tload of fighters. I managed the shipyard and 2 Q first visit. Next is re-supply so I docked a Cormorant at the Military in BHS holding 960 t’hawks stored. Jump the Auster south one sector, dock & reload and continue entering thru a gate, a different one from your first entry (as all enemies usually swarm to your last position – ‘newbie tip’). Then it’s just rinse & repeat to clear sector with a 5mil bomber. :)

One gripe I have is with the Teladi ‘Cormorant’: which Teladi designed but it cannot use typhoon missiles :o – bought from Teladi factories – bloody egg-plant. Nice to have an M7 equipable with 2 GC (but no FAA). Rant over.

Now to try the Xenon next to Segaris – just one station but 2 I’s when I last visited.

Cheers, Neil

tater-tots
x3tc

Post by tater-tots » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 17:06

nice

Gazz
x4

Re: [AP] new M8 from OTAS - my first trial

Post by Gazz » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 17:38

Neil Depledge wrote:The Phantom has been similarly fattened up so no more 200 phantoms aboard.) Now I think this was done to balance the impact of War Plot
If you compare TC missile stats you'll see that a lot of missiles were changed and that the volume is now roughly in line with a missile's "usefulness".
In TC those values were all over the place. Wherever they had happened to land after 3 games worth of adding stuff...

Neil Depledge wrote:One gripe I have is with the Teladi ‘Cormorant’: which Teladi designed but it cannot use typhoon missiles :o
No doubt another case of unabashed developer sadism.

The Cormorant is not a combat vessel =P
It could probably do a fair job as a commerce raider. Plenty of endurance (supplies) and enough firepower to even take out the odd TL.
With Teladi being somewhat uhh... biased... to all things related to credits, that may have been a consideration...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”