[AP] Self destruct on boarded ATF M7 !?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hooth

[AP] Self destruct on boarded ATF M7 !?

Post by hooth » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 22:44

I'm at a total loss as to what is going on here. I successfully boarded an Aegir and sent it back to Argon Prime. No mater where/whether I dock it, the second I go out of sector, I get the message "Your ship Your Aegir was destroyed in sector Argon Prime". Note the lack of any "by Station/Ship" bit to the message. Its just blowing up all on its own. Any body have any idea whats going on? Id like to keep this thing!

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 22:49

Usually when you get no 'killed by' it means the station it was docked at was destroyed. Is that happening?
I fly Terran for the accents

hooth

Post by hooth » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 22:54

Nope and it happens even when the ship isn't docked at any station too. It's like the game has just decided that I'm not allowed to own that ship. :evil:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:24

Maybe someone blows it up with a missile?
Where is it?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:25

Probably spawned by some mission script. When the script ends, all extra created ships are taken out of the game.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:29

Allan F wrote:Probably spawned by some mission script. When the script ends, all extra created ships are taken out of the game.
Even if the ship owner has been changed to player? That seems a bit harsh.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:35

It is a bit harsh, but that's the way it is. Best you can do is try and sell it at a shipyard quick and pocket the cash.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:37

Or (if you have the HQ) stick it in the re-engineer queue or the repair queue. When the work starts, it should be safe.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

hooth

Post by hooth » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 23:53

It wasn't part of any missions I'm aware of (I hadn't taken any). Unless it was part of one of the war missions? (possible, I have the notifications off, so there is no way to tell.) Either way, I'm not flying this thing around until I get my HQ, I'll get sell it and cap another one later. Man that's an irritating bug though...

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 00:03

Welp, guess you'd better go to The Moon and buy one at the shipyard :P

AshToDust
x3tc

Post by AshToDust » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:56

In devs world, it's known as garbage collector...
That's funny for ATF ship ^^

mimeo

Re: [AP] Self destruct on boarded ATF M7 !?

Post by mimeo » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 02:52

hooth wrote:I'm at a total loss as to what is going on here. I successfully boarded an Aegir and sent it back to Argon Prime. No mater where/whether I dock it, the second I go out of sector, I get the message "Your ship Your Aegir was destroyed in sector Argon Prime". Note the lack of any "by Station/Ship" bit to the message. Its just blowing up all on its own. Any body have any idea whats going on? Id like to keep this thing!
I have same thing when I try to steal ship from return ship missions.
Try observing sector as RRF is eager to wait me 3 ingame days for me to undock stolen ship just to have target practice.
Imo I think RRF is killing your ships so you might as well drop advanced satelite (to expand area with no fow) and see that in most cases you`ll see some terran ship spamming missile (and no one will help you, even if you say you are attacked).... :(
I woke up this morning, got myself a gun; mom always said I`ll be the chosen one. One in a million, I believe I`m gonna burn to shine, I was born under bad sign with a blue moon in my eye.

Exarch42
x4

Post by Exarch42 » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 01:07

I was reading another post from someone with the same problem, same ship. It seems that particular ship was missed when the clean-up was done on the scripts; the rest of the ATF ships are apparently safe, but the Aegir has existence problems.

For reference:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=319524

-Ex

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 01:34

It's not that simple

ships are set by race and class but if any military ship rrf or otherwise tags another ship as hostile two things can happen

this is a little simplified

1. they fight one dies
2. The fight ends and they still exist, this could be another command interrupting the ship or it being attacked by something else

to stop it being hostile to that particular ship the easy way is to add something to check if the ship is now under different ownership
even in simple battles that's many checks across every single ship running basic fight logic

the only real way is to get that ship to scan either all ships or player owned ships and then check if it should still be hostile or not

again more commands run many times

run these over and over again on not only could it be a massive laggy cpu drain but also it would need many code tweaks and checks to see if that broke anything else

in a nutshell it's a necessary evil until someone's brain does e=mc2 for X and makes a simple fix :)

that could be tomorrow or never, i lean towards the latter
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”