[AP] The game keeps deleting my newly captured Aegir

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jokkocze
x3tc

[AP] The game keeps deleting my newly captured Aegir

Post by Jokkocze » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 03:51

I finally captured an ATF Aegir (I like them, for some reason) earlier tonight and I did what I always do with the ships I board in the war-sectors. I sent it to one of the stations in Argon Sector M148.

Half an hour after this, when I'd found myself a Tyr to cap, I noticed that the Aegir had dissapeared from the game, along with my marines and so on.

So I loaded my previous saves in order to find one where I had the ship, but without luck. So I got my save from when my marines just were about to get through the hull in the capping process, and I did it all over again. Now I saved when getting the ship with a jumpdrive, and once again I sent it down to the rendevouz-system.
This time, I decided to move my marines to my cobra a bit earlier, so I didnt have to think of it later, but the ship had once again dissapeared.

I loaded again and sent the ship down to it's system, and followed it's journey once there.
It docks and so on without any issues, so I think no more of it for a few minutes.

Once again though, I decide to move my marines back to my cobra, and once again, the ship is gone.

So I load the game, send it to my PHQ, follow it in my ship until it's docked. Move the marines to my cobra and send that away to it's standby-position.

I SETA next to the phq for a while to see if something happens to it, but it seems to work.
So I go back to hunting, and when I look back a few minutes later, it's gone again.

I start experimenting a little and discover that the ship is there until I switch system two times (After leaving the one it's in), but when I enter the third one, it's gone. The time spent has nothing to do with it. (Tried doing two really quick jumps, aswell as waiting 5 minutes in seta before doing the second one)

So what's going on? How can I stop the game from eating my ship? :(

(Running unmodded AP v2.0. Sorry about the really long post, but I find that it's best to be thorough the first time around.)

Edit: It seems to remove all Aegir's that I capture, which is a bit weird..

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 15:00

Yes the game using war mission scripts does remove War Sector boarding captures in some/most cases. See this. There may be workarounds available so I will move this to the Universe forum for Player input.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 15:39

Hi,

Isn't this linked to the race response fleets? I recall when using RRF in TC back when it was a 3rd party script rather than part of the game, that capturing an RRF controlled ship by various methods often led to oddities.

Worse case the ship would just disappear after sometime or, in a way even more frustrating, the captured ship would still be running certain RRF commands so would wander off on it's own potentially - still under the control of the original commands it was given.

RRF in AP 2.0 seemed to work a little better in some respects, however there was the issue with a distinct lack of response in 2.0 which is why many of us have reverted back to the RRF files from 1.1 - warts and all.

Hopefully some of these little issues can be addressed with an update.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 16:26

Umm... this was extremely common until it was fixed by one of the most recent patches (before 2.0). I've capped every Terran ship above M7 and none of them have done their disappearing act since the patch that fixed it, while prior to the patch I had a 100% loss rate. I suppose it's possible that M7s were somehow "forgotten" in the fix, but I doubt it.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Jokkocze
x3tc

Post by Jokkocze » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 21:33

I kept capping ATF ships after losing the Aegir's, and not a single ship dissapeared!

That is, until I capped another Aegir, which dissapeared in exactly the same way as the earlier ones.

All the ones that I've managed to keep, aswell as the one I've lost, were taken in the war-sectors. (I've taken other M7's there aswell, so it has to be specifically the Aegir that hasn't been fixed..)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”