Aldrin Rep?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Aldrin Rep?

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 21:47

Whoa! Have I forgotten so much.
With whom do I increase my rep, to enable me to buy ships in Aldrin.
Argon? Terran? Who?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 21:56

Terran.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 22:10

Awh crap. Means hanging about in Heretics End to get missions south. No point in going into Terran space for jobs with no jump capability. Cheers!
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 14. Mar 12, 22:17

You can still do 'Quick Taxi', 'Luxury Transport' and 'Military Personnel Transport' type missions in Terran space. There are a lot you can complete in a kestrel! And the Iguana Vanguard (if you're picking up the free ships) is ideal for that kind of work.

castdead
x3tc

Post by castdead » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 00:03

A good ship for the taxi missions and good transfers for entertainment ships etc in the terran area is the Valkyrie. It has good speed so you can make nearly all of the taxi missions, and you can complete the good transfers because you have quite a large cargo bay for an M5 with its speed. + it carries M wares.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 00:08

I had no trouble completing Very Hard taxi, passenger and goods delivery missions in my Angel (155 speed). Hero of Sol in just a couple hours.

You don't need a demon of speed, you just need a ship versatile enough to be able to do all kinds of missions. If you come in a TM (Chokaro), you can do "recover ship" easier, but won't be able to do passenger transport, which is a fair trade.

I wouldn't take a small ship (like Iguana), ability to carry XL cargo and some ecells helps a lot, there are missions with XL cargo, and there are jump beacons all over Terran space to speed up travel.
Where is it?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 15. Mar 12, 21:33

It seems that some assume you are playing AP.

Valkyrie is not immediately available in TC
And you can't use Jump Beacons in TC ,except via plots,afaik.

Yes there are some good improvements in AP .
But in AP Heretics End is a War Zone.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”