Installing second copy of X3:R for mod testing purposes

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rafezetter
x3

Installing second copy of X3:R for mod testing purposes

Post by rafezetter » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 06:37

Now that I've dabbled a bit with altering ships and such, I'd like to try other things, but I want a separate test installation, but when I tried installing from the cd setup exe the installer goes to the UN-install options, I found the Kochstart.exe but that does the same thing.

How do I install a separate copy?

MAD_COMMANDER
x3ap

Post by MAD_COMMANDER » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 06:46

just copy n' paste the directory into a seprate folder.

Not sure about saves you might have to have seprate users. As X3 saves in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save
you could get away with a second user but this is retail boxxed version.
Ypu could also just shortcut that folder and have "orginal Saves" & "mod saves" swap them around to what install you are using. i recommend using the altered directory for the mod, otherwise you can run into permission issues when changing files in "Program files x86".

Not having steam version i'm still sure steam insist on saving to the steam cloud maybe a Egosoft mod could shed more light on that.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 09:06

As for saves...use the saveGameManager in my sig.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 13:43

thanks for replies , I have the retail box version from er... when it first came out.. sitting there gathering dust for..well I was BUSY ok? :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”