Why is there only one asteroid in Ore Belt

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

toomutch
x3ap

Why is there only one asteroid in Ore Belt

Post by toomutch » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 17:26

Hi All,
Just got X3AP so am setting off to explore the universe. Have got to Ore Belt, and found that there is only one asteroid in it (Ore - 9 yield). Having been in the X-Universe since X-BTF this doesn't seem right. I have checked the universe map, for the info on the sector, and it doesn't mention anything about 'all the asteroids were removed' etc.

Apart from the no-steam download, am playing vanilla retail DVD.

toomutch
System Spec: ZX Spectrum. Memory - 16K with 32K add on pack. Sound - Cheetah Speech box. Graphics - mums old telly

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 17:28

we mined all of it for the HUB plot ;)

but, seriously, its there because according to plot, its been all mined up by Plutarch (or some other corp dont remember)

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:59

Jumee wrote:we mined all of it for the HUB plot ;)

but, seriously, its there because according to plot, its been all mined up by Plutarch (or some other corp dont remember)

Don't listen to Jumee. He's just trying to cover up the fact we did mine it all after the game finallly went multiplayer. But we've left this nice 9 yield roid for you knowing you'd be late to the party. Hope you can put it to good use. :)
No glory for you!

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 20:36

Forget both of them. I think the more interesting topic is how someone manages to be a member of a forum for nine years and only makes 77 posts. That's some truly epic lurking right there.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 20:50

Xander Cade wrote:Forget both of them. I think the more interesting topic is how someone manages to be a member of a forum for nine years and only makes 77 posts. That's some truly epic lurking right there.
Don't you know it quality, not quantity that matters, if you've something useful to contribute, you post it - you don't have to post silly stuff just to get you post numbers up.

Case in point:-
I'm not exactly a prolific contributor here, but i post when i've something interesting to say :) .

On topic, unless it's explained somewhere, it does seems very strange if there'e no Ore on Ore Belt (or Silicon or Nividium etc, obviously).
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 21:08

ok on a completely serious note: the whole point of Albion sectors is that ore in Ore Belt has ran out and now corporations are looking for a new source of minerals (those corp rep's should check out Barren Shores and Mines of Fortune ;)) so the reason there are no asteroids left - lore

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 22:44

one of the first things i realized in AP... most of the sectors look like albion... big roids gone to debris all over.

so there is still plenty of ore in ore belt, just not in a single rock anymore. time to boot up your TLs ;)

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 23:05

afaik the only sector that changed is ore belt

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 23:10

and lucky planets. probably more but i cant remember

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 23:44

Savage spur still has a ton of roids - which are now being used to support my 500+ station capital weapons complex. Needs to import some crystals though, since silicon supplies are more limited than the ore.

toomutch
x3ap

Post by toomutch » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 13:43

Don't have enough time to post much - too busy living the X Universe life! Just wanted to make sure that my install of AP wasn't bugged badly, before I wasted the next 9 years.

As previous poster suggested, don't see much point in posting "I agree with previous poster" or "that happened to me too" which seem to be 90% of the posts on any thread.

Still - it's reassuring to know you guys are here, should I feel the need.

Toomutch
System Spec: ZX Spectrum. Memory - 16K with 32K add on pack. Sound - Cheetah Speech box. Graphics - mums old telly

Zaranthan

Post by Zaranthan » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 15:15

toomutch wrote:As previous poster suggested, don't see much point in posting "I agree with previous poster" or "that happened to me too" which seem to be 90% of the posts on any thread.
Suppose the only post in this topic was the first reply. Makes it a little harder to know whether or not he was joking, no? Yes, five pages of "me too" is unnecessary, but one or two can be useful confirmation of an unusual explanation.
Mosquito missiles: Because quantity has a quality all its own.

Skyman
x4

Post by Skyman » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 15:24

Doesn't seem to be any reason to post when somebody asks the questions before you do.
Just sit back and read the answers as they come in. :D
"once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo da Vinci.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”