Unable to hire a Mammoth TL

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KeybdFlyer
x2

Unable to hire a Mammoth TL

Post by KeybdFlyer » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 04:26

I've been playing X2 for years, on & off, but only got X3 Reunion last week - yes, I know, I'm a bit behind the times! So I eventually reached the stage where I could afford to start building some factories and decided to start with an SPP (as usual). However, when I contacted the in-sector Mammoth in Argon Prime, the choices available to me via comms with the captain were "Where's the nearest Shipyard" and "Where's the nearest EQ", i.e. no menu choice to hire his ship. My standing with the Argon was high enough for me to be able to buy a station, so why is there no choice to hire a TL showing to me? Any ideas?

I also wondered if anybody knows how to toggle the "bounding boxes" showing the positions of everything in a sector? They're useful when you need them, but detract from the realism more than a little.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 16:57

The only times I failed to hire a TL despite having the rank and money to do so was when the TL was already transporting a station for another customer. Scanning the Mammoth would confirm if this is so for you.

There isn't a mod that would remove the boxes surrounding the stations and ships on your HUD.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

KeybdFlyer
x2

Post by KeybdFlyer » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 21:01

Hadn't thought of that, MBD, I'll take a look. Shame about the boxes, but it's hardly a catastrophe. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”