Help with adding a missile turret needed

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

feygan
x4

Help with adding a missile turret needed

Post by feygan » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 15:23

I'm trying to add a new turret for missiles to an existing ship using the X3 editor. So far I have the turret added to the types file and the correct amount of weapons the turret houses. I added the compatible missiles and ensured the turret cockpit uses default so it cannot mount any guns.

When I go into game I spawn a new ship of the type I am editing, in it's info panel the new turret shows up correctly showing missiles only, correctly displays the correct number of "missile bays" in the turret, and the compatible missile list also correctly shows the new mmissile types I want. Also when a missile is installed I get the addon to a target menu of "missile barrage".

However the turret is non functioning, I have tried the barrage command and betty tells me "command accepted" but nothing happens, I tried setting the turret to attack my target, attack all enemies etc. Still nothing, in addition I cannot launch any missiles manually from the cockpit.

Can anyone offer up some advice where I have made a mistake and how to make this turret work correctly while still allowing me to fire off single missiles from the cockpit?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 15:44

Did you place the turret camera and weapon dummies in the scene?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 21:42

In addition, you may need to specify hard-points for the missiles to launch from. I am not 100% certain what would happen if you don't in the missile turret case.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 20. Mar 12, 02:16

Turrets of any kind have to be in the model to function.

Tships and tcockpits only describe the turret to the game, and give it its gun and missile options.

But if its not on the ship model, nothing happens in game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”