Turret auto switch ignores ammo based weapons OOS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TiGGs
x3tc

Turret auto switch ignores ammo based weapons OOS

Post by TiGGs » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 18:11

The turret switch script in AP seems to place your best weapons into the turrets when OOS, yet they prefer CIGs rather than my Gauss cannons. It forces me to put additional non ammo based capital ship weapons onto that ship. This limits their IS performance because of energy drain.

Any suggestions besides micromanaging the turret configs every time I'm switching between IS and OOS?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 19:20

Turret orders and weapon energy and range are not considered in OOS combat. However, mixing ammo and non-ammo mounted weapons OOS was considered very bad news in X3TC as only one type of weapons fired each round, and none if any weapon anywhere ran out of ammo (but I'm not certain about this in X3AP any more).

Perhaps it is possible that the new X3AP switcher script is making sure you have the most effective loadout for OOS combat if that mixed weapon limitation still applies?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TiGGs
x3tc

Post by TiGGs » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 19:38

Guess there is no othe option than to carry both IS and OOS load outs in the cargo bay then. Thanks for the reply.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 19:46

I would wait for some independent confirmation first. My experience and expertise is mainly in X3TC rather than X3AP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”