[X3TC] boreas weapon loadout

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

red-dragon
x4

[X3TC] boreas weapon loadout

Post by red-dragon » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 00:32

whats the best weapon loadout for a boreas

thanks in advance

david

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 00:52

Depends for what.

The toughest setup of PPC front/left/right/rear and IBL top/bottom will make everyone in a big ship attacking you very miserable regardless of the direction so you can strafe yourself to their blind spot and keep pounding regardless of your current position towards them, or just run away and shoot from rear Reunion style, but you don't get much chance against a swarm of fighters in that.

So if your main targets are fighters, start replacing big guns with smaller faster ones like FAA top/bottom and maybe even CIG on sides/rear.

Can use IonC/GC if you can't come up with enough PPC.

I still think Boreas is kinda sucky compared to Ray for Xenon and Oddie for Khaak. Might look nicer in stats, but 24x PPC up front on Ray or PSGs of Oddie will serve you much better against those particular opponents.
Where is it?

chriscyco69
x4

Post by chriscyco69 » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 23:14

i my self have it set up with faa on top and bottom turrets and the rest all ppc the 8 faa take out the fighters and cannons take out the rest
its worked for me so far ive done final fury missions with no problem and also cleared some xenon and khack sectors with no trouble if your boarding and such you may want a different setup

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 23:49

Best all rounder is probably 2-3 Ion Cannons and the rest PPCs on the front and sides, Flak on the top, bottom and back. Ion Cannons are awesome vs shields, and TC has reasonably low hull values, making them a fairly good deal.

It can be tweaked for extra anti-cap with Incendiary Bomb Launchers on the top and bottom, or extra anti-fighter by switching out one side for more Flak.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”