[AP] Fleets and fighters

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TiGGs
x3tc

[AP] Fleets and fighters

Post by TiGGs » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 14:49

I'd like to know the best practice with the fleet feature in AP. Currently I've assigned my fighters as well as the carriers to a fleet. Now every time I issue a fleet command, all the fighters undock and try to follow the fleet leader by flying through gates. So how do you manage all your fighters so they stay on their carriers while traveling?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 14:51

On a related question, I always had "not with fleet" in property even when my two ships crashed into each other...

What's that about?
Where is it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 15:39

Not With Fleet, means they are not currently under the command of the fleet commander

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 15:47

Is a fleet different than a Wing? If so, I am going to have to learn how to use a fleet.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 21. Mar 12, 16:18

Cycrow wrote:Not With Fleet, means they are not currently under the command of the fleet commander
Thanks. I've got to play some more with that feature. Is this your script? (Then it'd mean it's good and useful and not to be passed on)?
Where is it?

Rothan
x4

Post by Rothan » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 06:16

I'm not sure what you mean not under the command of the fleet commander.

I have a new game and I assigned a corvette as the fleet commander. Then several fighters I captured I all assigned to that fleet commander. But only two of them are joined to the fleet. The remaining ones are all shown as "not with fleet". If I try to tell them to re-join the fleet, they start to move toward the rest of the fleet momentarily and then go back to "not with fleet".

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? They show up in the list of ships assigned to the fleet.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”