X3: Reunion keyboard not working during gameplay.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Sapca11
x3tc

X3: Reunion keyboard not working during gameplay.

Post by Sapca11 » Thu, 22. Mar 12, 18:06

Hello I've searched on google how to fix this but it doesn't get me anything relevant. I just finished X2: The Threat campaign mode and wanted to try X3: Reunion, watched the intro movie and was happy that I saw that the story is continuing from the same place where X2 ended it. On the game's main menu the keyboard works correctly, I launched the campaign saw the video but when I tried to do something the keyboard didn't do a thing. The only think that was responding it was the mouse. I searched for input and I saw something with reset to default but there is nothing like that in the Game Launcher Options. I also ticked Ignore last setting and start with default but that didn't fix it.

I got the game from steam, the X Superbox and I have the 2.5 2007 version of the game.
What can I do to fix the issue? I have Windows 7 64 bit version.

Checked the Support FAQ nothing about this in there.

Side question: Is there any way to activate subtitles as in X2: The Threat?

Thank you for your help.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 22. Mar 12, 18:29

Hello I've searched on google how to fix this but it doesn't get me anything relevant. I just finished X2: The Threat campaign mode and wanted to try X3: Reunion, watched the intro movie and was happy that I saw that the story is continuing from the same place where X2 ended it. On the game's main menu the keyboard works correctly, I launched the campaign saw the video but when I tried to do something the keyboard didn't do a thing. The only think that was responding it was the mouse. I searched for input and I saw something with reset to default but there is nothing like that in the Game Launcher Options. I also ticked Ignore last setting and start with default but that didn't fix it.
Go to the quick menu (right click the mouse for change from fly mode to select mode, then left click in the arrow in the botton right corner, then left click in the lower icon fot the quick menu), here select options and controls, here click in change to default profile to see if this solve your problem.
Side question: Is there any way to activate subtitles as in X2: The Threat?
Yes, go to the quick menu, select options, and then audio, you can activate the subtitles from here.

Sapca11
x3tc

Post by Sapca11 » Thu, 22. Mar 12, 19:14

Tried right clicking and nothing happened. Also LMB doesn't get any response. All I can use the mouse is for the XY Axes I think.

Sapca11
x3tc

Post by Sapca11 » Mon, 14. May 12, 16:02

Anyone knows what to do? Maybe is because I am using an USB mouse and not a normal one?

arnak
x3tc

X3 Problem.

Post by arnak » Tue, 15. May 12, 16:30

Hi,

If you could please provide a dxdiag as requested here :-

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=101015

It might give us a clue as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Arnak
Just remember that Murphy was an optimist!!

i7 4ghz, R290 vid card, 16 gig Ram, W7.

Sapca11
x3tc

Post by Sapca11 » Wed, 16. May 12, 20:02

Managed to get it to work.

All I had to do is to uninstall steam and reinstall it.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”