Questions - Adv. Satellite vs Nav Relay Satellite - Concerning Sector Trading

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fuschl
x3tc

Questions - Adv. Satellite vs Nav Relay Satellite - Concerning Sector Trading

Post by Fuschl » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 01:41

I am starting now to produce sector traders and I am unclear about these satellites. First - what is the difference between them? Which one do I need?

And second - Are the satellite(s) needed for my sector traders to function at max capacity? Or are they only useful for my own "player" ship to see what is going on in other sectors from another sector.

In other words, do I need one or the other or both satellites to make my sector traders work more efficiently on their own or are thy just for my own player ship's prying eyes?

Also, concerning my sector traders, should I equip them with buy/sell software? Do they need it to speed up their trading in sectors? What about SETA for them, or Boost Extension? Will it speed up their trading ability?

Many thanks for any help!

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 01:45

I think Advanced Satellite is the most powerful one, highest sight radius, etc. It allows you to find otherwise invisible stray rudder optimizations, for instance, if they exist in the sector.

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 01:50

satellites are like a presence in the sector. not only you can see whats going on, you can trade i.e. at a shipyard without having any ships there.

adv sats have a greater range and you have a special feature on the map which helps you building and so on.

i *think* it doesnt matter if you use normal or adv for traders. you can set traders to only visit sectors with sats in them. they have no use for normal trading. mk3 universe traders will use any station you have previously discovered and are friendly/can dock/trade.

mk3 traders dont need the best buy/sell nor docking computer and so on. those are only player tools. same goes for SETA and boost.
BUT its useful to equip them anyways. if you have to drive one of your traders yourself at some time, you gonna bite your foot if you forgot the SETA extension ;)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 02:47

And fight command software - iirc it will allow the ship to jump out of danger.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 08:25

Actually the traders operate without using those satalites. Unfortunately that are both smart enough to know what is going on in a sector at a time, and dumb enough to only scan sectors once they arive. Thus since they only scan their current sector for the best deals, the presence of a satalite in the sector over doesn't matter. Even if they go there, their presence there will tell them all they need to know.

Satalites are primarily for player use, and used only in some custom scripts.
Streaming most nights 1800-0000ish at www.twitch.tv/chthonicone/

Tjaaki
x3tc

Post by Tjaaki » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 08:33

adv sats have a greater range and you have a special feature on the map which helps you building and so on........??????? :?

What features..... helps me building, i would love any speciel features that makes building less painfull. would you plz explain this to me?

Thanks

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 08:57

When you are in sector and you have and advaned satelite there press "K" on the sector map, and you will see
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 09:06

Adv. Sat's have a camera, Nav Sat's don't. Open up the Sector Map while IS and at the top of the grid you will see a (film) camera button, when an Adv. Sat is present you can click this buttong and get a "video view" of the sector. Instead of just seeing icons of everything you actually see the physical objects which makes the placing of stations much more accurate.

If you're playing AP, Adv. Sat's can be added to the Satellite Early Warning Network (SEWN). This will alert you to the presence of enemies and/or claimable ships. You can also set SEWN to call in a rapid response wing. I don't know how useful the SEWN Wings actually are because I have never turned them on for the simple reason that there is never a time when you're not picking up enemies and the Wings would be out of jump fuel in under five minutes.

As well as SEWN, you can also set your MKIII Traders to only trade in sectors within your satellite network (this may, or may not, mean SEWN, I'm not sure). This setting will not, however, prevent them from entering sectors without Adv. Sat's, they will still sometimes head through them to get somewhere else. Regardless, this will save you an immense amount of trouble because it will usually prevent your traders from being destroyed.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 09:27

they only scan their current sector for the best deals
Unless you are using the "mine and trade ..." command.

Useful if you are trading minerals manually either yourself or remotely.

re...

fly to ore mine and buy at 50.
command mine/trade
It will either fly out to where there may be some ore rocks,or may skip that bit and scan several sectors for best deal.
Most common for me is buying in Ore belt and the command takes me to Elena's Fortune to sell for 206 credits. :D

Tjaaki
x3tc

Post by Tjaaki » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 10:04

pulzarokkit wrote:When you are in sector and you have and advaned satelite there press "K" on the sector map, and you will see
uuuhhhhhhhh :D thank you very much.. just tried it, and it will make complex building alot less painfull

sorry for the off topic question

natha
x4

Post by natha » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 10:21

Xander Cade wrote:As well as SEWN, you can also set your MKIII Traders to only trade in sectors within your satellite network (this may, or may not, mean SEWN, I'm not sure). This setting will not, however, prevent them from entering sectors without Adv. Sat's, they will still sometimes head through them to get somewhere else. Regardless, this will save you an immense amount of trouble because it will usually prevent your traders from being destroyed.
I don't think MK3 traders check for satellites. I was quite sure that they don't care at all, but i've read acouple of times lately that they do.
But CAGs have an option in "exceptions" where you can set them to trade only in sectors with Adv. Satellites.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”