AP use of wings

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

highflier
x4

AP use of wings

Post by highflier » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 19:39

i got hold of some spare springblossoms so i though, these would make wonderful personal RRF troops. so far so good. got them some guns and added them to a SEWN wing.
first impression was amazing, 3 SB perform awesome OOS. but then they had to jump the first time. it took the first one around a minute to charge its JD. the second jumped a minute after. the third came just to see the first one die.
what am i doing wrong? is winged fight really that b0rked? i have seem this behavior already in TC and was not amused...

i even tried normal wings. its behaviour is always weird, since one ship seems to be the "boss" and the others follow it. but that way they never fight if the second ship is engaged instead of the first one.
then i again, i tought about adding an m7 as fist ship but that "boss" ship seems to alternate...

anyone got some tips for me?

dudeydudett
x3tc

Post by dudeydudett » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 07:29

The easy answer is that your ships won't jump as a group because theoretically they all can't fly through a gate at the same time if the are m6 or bigger. M6 and larger fly through the center of a gate not the sides which is why fighters can jump all at the same time but that is impractical.

Personally I stick one m7 one a swen wing and leave it at that. Another solution is 10 lasertowers 2km above any gate into a system that you want secure.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”