X3TC: Sell ware for best price range? {also AP question}

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quinch
xr

X3TC: Sell ware for best price range? {also AP question}

Post by Quinch » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 07:19

I've got a question. I've set up a wheat complex in Light of Heart and have a couple of Mercuries servicing it. They're both equipped with trading software and jumpdrives, but even though the station's range is set to 50, they have fuel reserves, autojump and all that set, they don't seem to venture far from the homebase. They do autojump, whether it's for energy runs or ware sales, but so far I've only seen them jump as far as Brennan's Triumph. If there's sales opportunities beyond that range {but not within}, they'll just idle in the base. What gives?

{also as an unrelated question, is there a way to transfer any AP features into TC, like the improved sector search and other UI stuff?}
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 12:54

1. Best asked in Universe forum - moving now.

2. Not in vanilla.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

veris
xr

Post by veris » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 14:14

Well, i'm still learning how the engine of the game makes decisions too.
Wheat is cheap, so maybe the cost of EC is bigger than the profit of selling it, and - to be confirmed - the cost of the jump may influence how our sellers/buyers work(?)

The logic behind the decision making engine is rather hidden. We just read here and there that it's all about profit and price margins.
Just give it some time, watch and the answer will come.

Great distances make jumps expensive and they lower your profit to a level that should be considered - especially for bio/food goods.

Jumee
x3tc

Re: X3TC: Sell ware for best price range? {also AP question}

Post by Jumee » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 15:03

Quinch wrote:{also as an unrelated question, is there a way to transfer any AP features into TC, like the improved sector search and other UI stuff?}
I'm fairly confident that even modders will not do that, since it is backporting which is not allowed

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”