SETA - zero to thousand in no time flat

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Quinch
xr

SETA - zero to thousand in no time flat

Post by Quinch » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 08:07

A quick question - are there any mods that eliminate SETA "windup"? It's remarkably annoying having to navigate around asteroids or other stationary objects in a slow-moving craft when I adjust my direction and have to re-speed up time.

{also are there mods that crank it beyond x10?}
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 08:16

A quick question - are there any mods that eliminate SETA "windup"? It's remarkably annoying having to navigate around asteroids or other stationary objects in a slow-moving craft when I adjust my direction and have to re-speed up time.
No
{also are there mods that crank it beyond x10?}
No and this is an EXTREMELY bad idea, you shouldn't even be using seta 10x, 8x maximum. 10x causes too many problems with the game. ( CPU speed is irrelevant when it comes to 10x glitches )
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 08:29

Increasing SETA requires editing .obj-files and the only mod I know of that did that was Time of the Truth.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 08:33

Jack08 wrote:No
Darn.
No and this is an EXTREMELY bad idea, you shouldn't even be using seta 10x, 8x maximum. 10x causes too many problems with the game. ( CPU speed is irrelevant when it comes to 10x glitches )
I just positively hate time sinks. Slogging across a sector in a hauler tub at snail's pace is not my idea of fun.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 08:35

Quinch wrote:I just positively hate time sinks. Slogging across a sector in a hauler tub at snail's pace is not my idea of fun.
I know exactly what you mean; keep an eye out for X-Timelines when we release; ships are much faster and the economy has changed completely - so traders don't suffer from slow ship syndrome (at least not as much as they did in vanilla)
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 08:58

Will do. Is there a thread I should put on watch? I don't swing by the forums often.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 25. Mar 12, 09:30

[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”